[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arizona Bear Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 20

File: 2q9feol.jpg (25KB, 434x629px) Image search: [Google]
2q9feol.jpg
25KB, 434x629px
AZbro here. This can kinda be characterized as innadesert thread, but i'd like to focus on a local thing we seem to have out here. southwest az, out from The Yuma Proving Grounds; some of us have seen what is basicly boiled down to a bearman. The handful of sightings that we've collected describes a large non simian furry thing stalking around the hills. There havent been any hostile stories; just sightings and whatnot.
TL;DR, innadesert/local monsters.
>>
Bump for interest. I live in the south west, though I have nothing to contribute.
>>
>>14851175
Second bump for interest. I'm not next to a desert per say, but in southern California it's within driving distance.
>>
>>14851175
LA/x/bro here. Usually in the more southern places there's not much, I don't know how all of you guys see this much shit.
>>
Bears often stand on two legs and sometimes they can look very human from a distance.
>>
out here in our area, we got a fair amount of hills and abandoned mines and whatnot, theres always something creepy happening if your out deep enough. even in the not so hilly areas, theres alot of random natural feature crap to poke around in.
>>
Shoot it
>>
>be me
>be teenager hiking innadesert with friends
>on usual trail, hiked it many times its average desert stuff
>after a while, once we are out of sight of the road come upon a gulley I have never seen before
>I've been through this area before but not seen it. Pretty weird to, had people sized niches in the walls. Almost like a burial area
>decide to investigate
>one friend nopes out and stays behind
>me and remaining friend start walking down
>as soon as we do I get the feeling that we really shouldn't- as if we had walked into someone's yard and they casually pointed to the no trespassing sign with their shot gun
>tell my friend I think we should leave
>friend ignores me and continues to snoop around, even poking into the weird niches
>finally manage to drag her back out of the gulley as the feeling that we we not welcome intensifies
>get a distinct "this place is not for you two legs" in my head
>return home without incident, friend that's too nosy for her own good takes off and wuss friend stays the night
>within an hour we are both miserable sick. Super intense migranes.
>sound hurts, light hurts. In the dark with blankets over the windows its still painfully bright feeling
>suffer through the night and wake up with flu like symptoms- nausea, fever, cough, shakes, the works
>we are sick for a week
>write an apology and leave it with some water out in the hills
>get better but can no longer find the gully with the weird niches

That was 10 years ago, I still can't find thar gully though I have hiked the same path many times. I do sometimes feel a watchful presense and get the feeling of being regarded as "two legs" when I'm out there though.
>>
Some people are just dumb be all fucking with stuff that they shouldn't be near. That's why druids are mean to people. Messing rivers up rustles my jimmies
>>
File: 039.jpg (194KB, 950x606px) Image search: [Google]
039.jpg
194KB, 950x606px
No more innadesert stories? Really? I call bullshit. Share fuckers.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>14851175
So it can run on all fours like a bear, and it can also rear up on its hind legs like a bear?

I'm developing a theory here.
>>
>>14853549
That it's a man-bear, cursed to roam the desert?
>>
>>14853549
All the stories I have ever heard about it have only been of it standing/walking upright.
>>
File: kitten.jpg (121KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kitten.jpg
121KB, 1600x1200px
I live in Sedona, Arizona. Spookiest place in AZ. There are abandoned cult compounds and massive amounts of ufo sightings. Ask me anything. I have many stories to tell, /x/.
>>
>>14851429
Great, you got harassed by ghost warrior cats.
>>
>>14855206
Don't play coy faggot, put out or get out.
>>
>>14851175
ManBearPig
>>
File: Amigara.png (101KB, 540x534px) Image search: [Google]
Amigara.png
101KB, 540x534px
>>14851429
>walls with people sized niches
>>
I live in Prescott Az, but I am house siting for someone out in Paulden. Shit gets kinda wierd if I stay up late enough. And I know it isn't owls making those kinda sounds.
>>
>>14856771
I'll post a bit more. I never bothered looking up the population for Paulden, but I know it's just really small, probably under 10k. Sometimes when I'm out here I get confused, especially by the sounds. Paulden is known for being windy as fuck, but I swear I've heard what sounds like gigantic ass wings flapping relatively close. High up enough not to be next to me, but seemingly too localized to be wind.
>>
Oh it could totally be a bear if we had them this far south maybe Northern AZ but not near ypg.
>>
>>14856821

We get a lot of stories about gargoyles and/or pterodactyls in our neck of the desert, same thing maybe out your way?
>>
>>14856742

DRRR DRRRR DRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
Ever seen a bear skinned? Looks almost just like a human body.
>>
>>14856906
There's definitely plenty of bears in Southern Arizona, usually black bears.
>>
>>14857205
So this thing is a skinned bear walking around on 2 legs?
>>
>>14856906
There's definitely plenty of bears in Southern Arizona, usually black bears. (Live in Tucson, about as south as it gets in az)
>>
From NM. Anybody got stories from out there?
>>
>>14857235
It's probably a new type of bear,

or maybe even a bi-pedal cat
>>
File: g1359609301766856881.png (200KB, 550x417px) Image search: [Google]
g1359609301766856881.png
200KB, 550x417px
>>14851175
No stupid, It's ManBearPig
>>
>>14851175
>live in az
>never heard of this one.
>still scared of the mogollon rim.
> travis walton mang!
>gone for days
Don't ever dick around on the rim.
>>
File: 24-bears-map-full.jpg (524KB, 2000x1514px) Image search: [Google]
24-bears-map-full.jpg
524KB, 2000x1514px
>>14857251

Tuscon is south but its also east, the Sonoran isn't exactly bear territory.
>>
File: IMG_0189.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0189.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
AZbro reporting in. I work on a surveying crew and have seen some strange structures in the middle of the desert near Kofa, BMGR, and near Bouse, AZ. Like a house that had no road going to it and other structures that were once houses.
>>
OKbro here. We have these things called Skeeleys in northeast Oklahoma. There is a bridge that underneath it there are really small houses. Apparently once you go there at night you see eyes and whatnot. I, personally, have not been but a lot of people I know have gone and it's crazy I guess
>>
>>14855206
Hey, if you still have this thread open I'd love to hear some stories. 'Zona fag here, and I love visiting Sedona.
>>
File: IMG_3056.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3056.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
I lived my whole life in AZ (just recently moved to SoCal). Didn't experience anything, but I DID visit the Domes in Casa Grande. It was fun, but not even an ambience of creepy.

What I REALLY wanna know more about is that black mist that hangs around the Casa Grande Indian reservation (that shrine people can visit, forget what it's called), which supposedly follows hikers.
>>
Scottsdale, AZ here

haven't seen shit, except occasional UFO's
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>14851175
south jersey fag here, we have a bunch of weird shit around here

>The Jersey Devil
>The Sarvey
>The Brigantine Mermaid
> The Schranack
>Drool Man
>Wanderer Bob
>The Glass Girl
>>
>>14864332
Peoira fag here. This is the extent of my spookiness. Just a couple of odd lights in the sky throughout my life.

Well, there was the one time I had an experience at a park near an elementary school. I'm not fishing for replies, but I'm too tired to tell the story at the moment and will tell it tomorrow if this thread is still up.
>>
Bump for more desert goodness
>>
Northern Kentucky fag here: we have:
> thunderbird sightings
> a Bigfoot native to Appalachia
> bearilla, a werewolf but some old lady that sighted it said it looked half bear half gorilla
> lizard people
> two giant lake snakes that are described as being as big around as telephone poles
> pope lick monster, the Kentucky goat man.
> giant snapping turtles as well.
>>
File: 654654654987.png (122KB, 431x274px) Image search: [Google]
654654654987.png
122KB, 431x274px
>>14851175

>anthro bear man

Hot.
>>
File: battleapecanyon.jpg (64KB, 296x400px) Image search: [Google]
battleapecanyon.jpg
64KB, 296x400px
Upstate New York fag here, we have wolf man/sasquatch sightings every once and a while. Couple of college kids in the 70's swore they saw two large hairy bipedal wolves running through a field.
>>
>>14864593
Can you post some links? I tried searching "Wandering Bob" and got a metric fuckton of Bob Dylan.
>>
>>14866439

Wanderer Bob was a really bizarre homeless man (I think). For years there would be rumors that Bob finally died and then some highschool girl would claim he followed her home at night in his reflecting vest and construction helmet. It was specific to Atlantic County in NJ
>>
>>14866499
Interesting. Did he ever mess with anybody, or just follow them around like a weirdo?
>>
>>14866534
honestly don't really know, i never found out if he really died or not. but there have been a few unsolved murders in the past ten years
>>
>>14866553
How about the Sarvey or the Schranack? Didn't really get any results on those either.
>>
>>14856821
10k is small?
>>
>>14851175
OP can you give us a little more info. I live in phx and would be interested in driving out. Just don't want to waste my time if all the info is it's a 'beary standy up thing'. Have you personally seen it?
>>
>>14851175

Wow I almost never see other Arizonans on here. Yeah we kind of have a large sect of "black magic ermuhgerd" psuedo-pegan, wannabe satanic cult that likes to lurk around all of the out of the way, natural areas. I am assuming since you said near the Proving Grounds that this is in the Mittry wildlife area or further up north along the Colorado. You're not the only one to see them, especially this one.

He's about 6' 3", Hopi or Apache blood, shaggy black hair, burly build. Calls himself a modern day skin walker and claims to favor the form of a bear. He is to be considered insane, dangerous and what worries me the most, I think that he was being honest about his "power".

Keep armed out there (I highly recommend a blade that has been rubbed with sage ash, surplus machetes are ideal.), especially outside of monsoon season. He seems to favor moonless nights but almost never while there is a storm. I've tried to track this guy down more than once and all I can share is that he does not own any property on any reservation or in the counties of Pima, Pinal, Maricopa, Yavapai or Coconino. Calls himself Kobeesh, which I'm pretty sure is supposed to mean "fire blade" or something similar.

His real name eludes me as I can only get people to ever identify him as Tobe. So yeah, good luck with that.
>>
>>14868829

Actually to amend this, I think that this fucker lives somewhere between Blythe and Quartzite. So if anyone by some random act of God happens to be there, keep your eyes peeled.
>>
>>14868829

All this rp
>>
File: MOGOLLONRIM_AZ17.jpg (507KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
MOGOLLONRIM_AZ17.jpg
507KB, 1024x819px
>>14851175

Ever go north to the Mogollon Rim in Yavapai County? Bigfoot's there. The Mogollon Monster.
>>
>>14869003
Bigfoot or not, I want to go there just to bkackpack. It looks beautiful.
>>
>>14869030

Arizona, mang. If you manage to avoid the Sonora Desert, there's actually amazingly beautiful places. Devil's Canyon is a prime example, with a huge natural sloped cliff face that you can jump off and land into a huge lake.
>>
>>14864618
Also peoriafag, used to see a lot of ufos, not so much any more.

Best moment, a friend and I watched the legendary floating man for about an hour, in broad daylight. He looked kinda like the robot from lost in space. Kept getting the feeling that he knew we were watching.
Looked up videos on the phenomena, people said the same shit.
>>
File: 100347892.jpg (208KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
100347892.jpg
208KB, 1024x768px
>>14869042
The Sonoran is beautiful, whatcho talking about.
>>
>>14869047
Dude, what? Floating man?
>>
>>14869047

AZfag here.

Ain't ever heard of this shit.
>>
>>14869206
>>14869232

http://www.rense.com/general66/humsan.htm
>>
>>14869266
That's fuckin' weird man.
>>
>>14869277
This was back in the summer of 07'. Another time, us, and several neighbors saw these tiny little orbs floating around some heavy chemtrails. They reminded me of the death balls from phantasm. There were dozens, but if you lost focus on them, it was hard to relocate.
>>
It's just some guy in a furry suit.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 422x361px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 422x361px
I grew up in sierra vista, AZ like 4 miles from the border.

The huachuca mountains are a very strange place, but then again so is Cochise stronghold.

The only /x/ related experience I've ever had was in the desert between sierra vista and tombstone. If anyone has ever been down there, you will know that the whole area gives off an entirely inhospitable vibe, especially at night. It just feels fucking dangerous. Anyway,

>be me, camping overnight with a few friends about 20 miles into the desert between SV and tombstone
>we are on a very remote but nice stretch of the San Pedro river
>I drove so I am the only sober one in the bunch, mostly just there to fuck my GF.
>it's about 2 AM, everybody starts winding down, 4 of us are just sitting around the fire talking
>suddenly we hear screaming, and what sounds like someone running through about knee deep water
>it's getting closer, started about 50 or so feet away, now at about 15
>a woman's voice starts frantically screaming in native apache (only know this because one of my friends is half apache)
>the screaming stops suddenly after what sounded like a groan, think someone getting punched in the stomach
>almost immediately after it stops, it starts up again 50 feet away
>goes through the exact same sequence, it's like an audio loop
>freaked the fuck out, we leave after the 5th "repeat"

I asked my friend what the voice was saying and he said it sounded like a woman getting raped/killed.
>>
>>14869314
That's fucked dude. How did you not lose your shit and leave the second time?
>>
>>14869324
At first everyone was kind of spreading out, trying to see if there was someone who needed help, we were all armed so I guess we just thought someone was in the middle of fucking nowhere in trouble.

It really didn't sink in until the third time, then we all kind of huddled back together and just listened in shock, then we just kind of got into my truck and left.
>>
>>14869337
>we were all armed
Makes sense then. I'm much braver in the wilderness when I'm armed. Still spooky.
>>
Don't have any desert stories myself, but seeing as there are a few people from AZ here I was wondering: has anyone ever experienced anything in or around The Lost Dutchman's Mine/the Superstition Mountains or know anyone who has?

I get the basic gist of the story, but I was wondering if anyone had any experiences to share.
>>
good to see this tread still is around. /k/ommamdo here and I love this stuff
>>
>>14851175
You're full of shit anon, I have lived in Yuma for 20 years.

>>14869003
Shit, I used to go to a Boy Scouts of America camp located in the heart of rim country, very close to Payson. Every year, some guy would tell the story of the Mogollon Monster, and it was fucking great every time. I've tried finding it on the internet, but to no success. My family owns a house in Payson and I still get scared when I go up there every so often.
>>
Alabamabro here
I've run into two things while hunting that have shaken me to the core and question alot of memory's of hunting where I may have run into these things before but i didn't realize it
First I've heard at least ten times wood knocks which are characteristics of primates so my only conclusion is bigfoot but my longest time encountering Sasquatch or whatever you wanna call it was in 2010 where I heard wood knocks, stick breaking, and bipedal walking for 30 minutes(ill post the full story when I can). The next creature I've seen and heard was multiple times is(I've finally found a name that's used for it) the Appalachian black cat. The cat is as big as a puma to one i saw back in 2006 that was a little bigger than a bobcat but they are solid black not like a black leopard that is black but it still has its spots which are a bit darker.the cats vocalizations are like a woman screaming like this shit is scary cause I remember back in 2008 seeing tracks like a puma but first pumas are almost gone from Alabama and it was different shaped like it was longer but that's beside the point, anyway I was hunting in early December and it was getting dark so I started to pack up everything that I brought to the tree stand and it was silent like only ambient noise was going on so I was about to climb down and i heard this cat scream, and it was close too so I got my flashlight and scanned the ground and I did see it for only a second before it ran off but let's just say I stayed in that stand overnight
>>
Yumafaghere
what does /x/ need me to do?
have decent camera and vehicles that can go out on trails
need new tires if have to go to dunes
>tl;dr from yuma wat do
>>
>>14869993
Anyone here from Gilbert?
>>
All you guys in Yuma

Do people care much about the Glanton Gang and the Yuma Massacre?
>>
>>14868926

>implying
>>
>>14870022

Gilbert is my hometown man. Had to move out to northern AJ due to the economy but working just north of old town.
>>
>>14870226
I was born in yuma and raised off of tales of the legendary Mr. G's, but other than that that's all I really know about yuma.
>>
>>14870366
Care to share some of those stories?
>>
>>14870404
toppestofkeks
>>
>>14851175
what if it's, you know, a bear?
>>
>>14869314
The desert seems to have a disturbing amount of places similar to this.
>>
>>14872715
The Sonoran desert is just a spooky place I guess.
>>
Bamp for the desertfags
>>
>>14866292
Heard anything from the Mohawk Valley area?
>>
Damn it tickles my prostate to see so many /x/philes from AZ. I'm a tucsonfag myself.

I have yet to experience anything paranormal maybe one day. but truthfully kind of hope I dont. I am a border patrol agent and spend my workday and worknights stomping around the desert. and I tell you what walking around the desert in the middle of the night looking for illegals is kind of spoopy enough. don't know if I could handle some actual /x/ material.

One interesting story to look up is the Arivaca arches. apparently some stone arch, that has since collapsed that was a time portal thing. I'd really like to find the remains. it should be in an area I work regularly near the small town of Arivaca.
>>
File: arizona.jpg (1MB, 1300x1600px) Image search: [Google]
arizona.jpg
1MB, 1300x1600px
>>14869047
>>14869206
>>14869232
>>14869266
>>14869277
AZfag here, lived in Phoenix, Sedona, Prescott and Tucson.

Floating man reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTaihZql-74

Red Dead Redemption captures the creepiness of this state so well.

>17 years old living in Sedona cabin
>dad wakes me up at 3am
>freaking out, tells me to go to the living room
>don't even have to look out a window to know shit's weird
>entire sky is bright blood red, the light flooding in through all the windows in the house
>stayed like that for an hour
>saw crazy fast lights doing 90 degree turns and impossible maneuvers for the next few weeks when we watched the stars at night
>Don't know what else to call them besides UFOs, didn't seem to be of human origin

also
>at friends ranch for a week 30 miles from Wickenburg, in the middle of nowhere tucked between a bunch of desert mountains
>says the surrounding area becomes haunted every summer
>don't believe them
>apparently a little girl died in a fire a few miles away at another ranch years ago
>hear screaming in the distance every night I'm there, no neighbors for dozens of miles, just desert and mountains

I have a few more eerie stories if anyone is interested.
>>
>>14874778
>I have a few more eerie stories if anyone is interested.

Why does everyone feel the need to be a tease? Just tell it.
>>
File: 2Spooky.gif (250KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
2Spooky.gif
250KB, 300x169px
>>14874778
>I have a few more eerie stories if anyone is interested.
Please do.

>mfw I don't have the balls to go to the Superstitions looking for spookiness
>>
File: Me Waiting On Dinosaur Info.jpg (21KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
Me Waiting On Dinosaur Info.jpg
21KB, 320x256px
>>14875981
>>14875958
>>14874778
>>
>>14874778

I have lived in Sedona my entire life, 26 years. Never has the entire sky turned blood red. Ever. Never has that even been in the newspapers.
>>
>>14876114
Anything else that you have experienced though?

And what are some nice places to visit on vacation there? Likewise, what are the places to avoid?

Are homes there really that expensive?

Whats it like nearly touching Flagstaff?
>>
>>14876127

There is weird stuff all the time, but nothing of that caliber. Lights in the sky, whispers in the canyons. Whatever. Small stuff, personal stuff. I think the entire sky turning blood red in the middle of the night would garner some international attention, don't you? A whizzing light between the stars is a little less extreme than the entire color of the sky for miles and miles changing colors, don't you think?

I live here, so I don't really know the toursity places. Everyone hikes the canyons and the rock walls. Slide rock, I guess. There are dozens of cabins you can rent along the creek.

It can be pricey to live here. A house? Yes, probably going to run you a penny or two. Apartments, trailers, motorhomes, tent cities... obviously won't cost you as much.

Flagstaff is an hour north, and I rarely go there. It's such a shithole college town. Dirty, congested.
>>
>>14876152
Thanks for responding.

One last question: Is there really that many hippies up there?
>>
>>14876165

You wouldn't even believe the kind of people up here. Hippie isn't the right word... they are called New Agers. Kind of the same concept, I guess. They either wear no clothes, or clothing that they made themselves, or so much clothing that they should be passing out from heat exhaustion. I met this huge like 6'5 black dude in the shops one day. He's wearing boots, fuzzy leopard spotted pants, and a huge fur coat that goes to his knees and has a huge fuzzy collar.

>Mfw he completely admits to making stuff up and believing in all the bullshit hype around the town just so he can bang the white women

Yes, there are a lot of strange people here. Sweat lodge people. People who pray to crystals and sing songs in the canyons. bathe only the creeks and have their palms read by moonlight. It's embarrassing to live here.
>>
>>14876182
>People who pray to crystals and sing songs in the canyons. bathe only the creeks and have their palms read by moonlight.

Mother fuckers giving all us normal people who like to bath outside under the moonlight a bad name.
>>
Someone best call Trapper and the AIMS team.
>>
File: trapper1.jpg (55KB, 256x311px) Image search: [Google]
trapper1.jpg
55KB, 256x311px
>>14876209
>>
>>14853549
Bears don't have human proportions. These allegedly look VERY distinct. Think bigfoot with a bear's snout and fangs. And they're not often, if ever, seen moving on all fours. They walk, run, and crouch pretty much like a human.
>>
>>14877539
It's closer to the way a gorilla would move, imo.
>>
File: bestlogoever.jpg (14KB, 213x236px) Image search: [Google]
bestlogoever.jpg
14KB, 213x236px
>>14855206
do you give any fucks about your sports teams, i've always wondered if cardinals and coyotes fans existed.
>>
>>14864593
where at? gloucester county over here and all i know of is wanderer bob and the devil....divulge for a fellow inhabitant of americas armpit
>>
>>14878261
Not the original South Jersey anon, but I lived in Gloucester County for the first 23 years of my life. In AZ now.
>>
>>14878219
No such thing exists.
>>
Why is it there always those people that go i lived here my whole life and never seen that and then go its total bullshit. I mean if we wanna go that way I didn't see the twin towers go down but i heard people talk about it but I never seen it. Gotta be bullshit people are making up lies.
>>
>>14851175
ay another azbro alright

wé dont need any manbears roaming these parts... wé request an ocult expert à hunter à caméra crew. dispose of the course first if it doesnt work wé must put em down. simple as that some wearbeasts dont take kindly to those metallic projectiles o.o
>>
>>14869993
You can check out the Lee Hotel on main street, or the territorial prison. Both are supposedly haunted.
>>
>>14870404
Mr. G's is a local beaner food place which is incredibly overrated.
>>
Hotel Del Sol in Yuma, anyone been?
>>
Hotel Del Sol I would give anything to get in and hunt around but everyone that i have talked to that has been there say cops are there as soon as you get through the boards no matter where you get in at. The lee hotel i haven't been in either but amazing bookshop across the street
>>
>>14883247
Bandana?
>>
Washingtonfag here. I live in Port Angeles, which is just downriver from one of the largest old growth forests in the world, several active glaciers, and a massive elk population, all bundled together into Olympic National Park, whichhas a land area roughly equal to that of Wales. At night, it usually feels like you're being watched, and if you believe the stories told on the reservations and in the ranger stations, you often are. Anyone want stories?
>>
yes also wahingtofag tell away sir i need some good places to camp this summer for bigfoot encounters
>>
>>14851175
What if it's also half pig. Would it be Manbearpig?
>>
Got a couple. Both happened out at Rio Verde, those from Phoenix should know. Keep in mind these happened a long time ago, before they completed renovated the place, paved some paths and opened it up for all the snowbirds and transplants.

My buddies and I were out across the river and a couple miles out and were drinking around the campfire and just bullshitting. Around 1 or 2 we decide to head into town so go to put the fire out.

Now what we usually do when we put a fire out is afterwards just sit in silence for 10~15 minutes in the woods, just listening to the ailence and sitting in the darkness. Cool to creep yourself out or look at the stars.

So we put the fire out and are just sitting in silence. Finally my buddy speaks up and says its about time to go, so we all get up. Suddenly my friend turns the lantern on and starts going FUCK FUCK WHAT THE FUCK! I turn around just in time to see a white, hairless creature about waist height take off into the darkness. What was real unsettling to me was how it moved, kind of galloping/hopping, but with weird joints. Where its knees should have been they were bent the opposite, like the joints in the legs operated conpletely differentally.

Freaked us all the fuck out and we quickly jumped in our buddies truck and got the fuck out of there. Could of been just a diseased rabbit or coyote but we all felt real unsettled just by looking at it.

One more story I have from the same night. It happened just before this event when we first got to the site and also creeped us out.
>>
>>14884427
Continued

At around 10ish we had crossed the river and hiked out to the site we liked to chill at. This site was unique in that it was a sort of crossroads for two different paths that headed out towards the hills in the east. We had set up and decided it would be cool to head down the trail we hadn't explored yet that followed the river.

This was in the Spring so there was tall, maybe knee-high grass around the path which was covered by the branches of the low hanging trees that tend to grow around riverbeds. Anyways, we are about five minutes down the path when suddenly a man stumbles up and over the riverbank and stops in front of us, about 20 meters out. Every single one of us paused and are sort of surprised to see another person out here as we didn't see any cars parked along the trail in and hadn't heard any music or talking in the distance.

This man is still standing there, staring down the path towards us when suddenly two more people stumble out from where he came from and come to a stop next to him. The three of them are now all staring down the path at us. The creepy thing is that they were not talking to each other or even acknowledging each other, just staring down the path. I hissed a "what the fuck" to my friends who all whispered that this felt really really wrong.

The three in front of us starting walking down the path towards us, still without speaking or communicating to each other in any way. Then, as soon as they started walking towards us more people started coming over the bank behind them and wordlessly started walking down the path towards us.

Including myself there were five of us, and at this point it looked like there was close to 25 of them. My buddy suddenly said "fuck this" and started walking straight at the group silently approaching us, and we instinctively followed behind. My flight or fight instincts had kicked, filling me with adrenaline.
>>
>>14884511
Continued

When we finally met on the path I saw that the people in the group were not looking at us, but rather through us. Still completely silent and without acknowledging our presence or breaking their gaze down the path, this group of what I could now see were all men in their early 20's moved around us and continued back down the path towards the entrance to the area.

Still pumped full of adrenaline and feeling uneasy, my buddies and I all stopped and watch the last of them turn the corner and disappear out of sight.

The weirdest thing we realized was that not only were they not talking to each other, but also that they made no noise when they walked. For a group that large, you would expect to hear them break the grass along the path or hearing the snapping of sticks on the path, but they didn't. Also, we wondered how the hell all those people got out here without leaving their cars parked somewhere that we would of noticed.

Best we could guess was that they were some weird church group doing rituals or some nonsense out here. Either way, the entire situation was rally unsettling and made us decide to bring our handguns next time we headed out there.
>>
>>14883263
none other than bandana books.
>>
>>14885290
Love that fucking place.
Wonder if those guys would let us to EVP in there, that building is old as shit.
>>
>>14874707
SEARCH FOR IT NAOW!

or i will have you...
LIBELED
>>
>>14883384
yes tell em

>i will give you my yoghurt if you do
>>
>>14851175
Tucson bro here. Not bear man related but still interesting. Its a story my friends dad told him when he was younger. I'm going to tell it from his perspective to make it flow better
>be at kitt peak in the early eighties, walking our dogs
>come across a giant gaping hole with no discernable bottom
>friend decides he's going to go down to investigate, there's a nice slope with jagged rocks so it's easy to climb down
>an hour passes, we start to get worried
>an hour later (two hours after going down) he returns
>completely white face, sweating
>all he can say is "GO... NOW!"
>We start walking away, he makes us run
>later when he calms down he finally tells what freaked him out
>babbling nonsense about an underground city with lizard people that can talk and shapeshift (not to an insane degree but can alternate between looking more like people and lizards)
>never go back there again
The funny thing is my friend told me this story the day we started researching hollow earth theory, before we knew anything about it.
>>
>>14885659
They might. I have a feeling we'll only pick up the ghost of the ac they have. Maybe the vacuum they fixed.
>>
I don't know OP, I'm from AZ and haven't ever heard about a bear man. It isn't that unusual to find weird shit in the desert, but it's all of human origin generally. I live in the middle of nowhere out on a dirt road with a lot of just fields and hills around. My house is at the bottom of a small valley with a big ditch behind it eroded by flash floods I can only assume because whenever there's heavy rain all the water flows down the hills into my valley and forms a pretty torrential river in there. At night I always get scared shitless thanks to my own overactive imagination and will never go outside after dark because it's a really creepy atmosphere, but all the time I've been here I've never actually seen anything weird at all that I can remember. From my exerience, the more secluded I am, the more uneasy I feel, but in reality the safer it actually is. Deserts may be creepy, but it's probably one of the safest places to be. The only thing we really have to fear are other people, so the more people around the more worried you should be when you feel like there's weird shit going on. Well, aside from all the stories I've heard from family members and friends about UFO-like shit they've seen, but I only have seen a few curious things myself and I don't actually believe it's anything out of the ordinary, just that the incredibly clear night sky here leads people to see more odd phenomena.
>>
>>14885914
Reptilliums?
>>
>>14887157
How are you safer? If a psychopath comes across your house, you're basically done.
>>
>>14888208
If a psychopath comes after you anywhere you're done because he's a psychopath. But the proportion of psychopaths in the city compared with the middle of some god-forsaken desert is about 5000:1. Even considering the extra risk an isolated psychopath poses, there are so many more of them in a concentrated urban center that your odds are still better in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>14851429

Your situation could easily be explained with carbon monoxide poisoning.
>>
Well, I have one.

>Be me, 15. Brother is 14
>Drive to AZ to visit my mom's boyfriend's parents
>Shitty ass desert home
>Mom's BF tells us of how some gangsters hid caches of guns and money in the desert sand
>My bro and I get excited and go exploring in the desert. Alone. With nothing to defend ourselves.
>Walk about 3 miles into the deserts, find some giant ass hole-thing
>Get weird feeling in my stomach like explosive diarria, but not gonna shit myself.
>Tell my little brother we need to gtfo
>He says no and runs into hole (There was a solid-sand pathway into it)
>Fucker
>I chase him in there
>About halfway into the hole-path-thing, we look down and see torches all over just light up.
>We see no one there, torches just fucking light up
>Hear a giant ass roar at the bottom. Wasn't a roar, more of a cry-garrgle,nails on chalkboard screech
>After the first screech dies down, instantly the whole fucking bottom of the hole erupts in that screaming
>sounds like there were hundreds of "things down there"
>Weird rotten egg, copper, bad milk smell.
>I grab my brother and run back to the shitty desert home
>The next day we go there with my mom's BF and his dad
>Hole is gone
>Mfw
We go home the next day and get grounded for lieing. We both swear on the story and talk about it sometimes. What the fuck was it.
>>
>be me
>innadesert
>realize its fucking hot
>nope
>>
>>14888407
Explain how this could happen in open outdoor environment.
>>
>>14888444

Plenty of ways. Most importantly you were in a gulley as you mentioned. A place where any gases such as carbon monoxide would sink to. Also, the gases could have stemmed from the "niche holes" themselves. It explains the headache and the flu-like symptoms afterwards. You're lucky it wasn't radon.
>>
>>14888461
How come the friend who didn't go into the gully also became ill?
>>
>>14888471

Because you're a fucking liar trying to make excuses as to why you got haunted by some rip-off of a anime horror. That's why, you uncreative fuck.
>>
>>14888323
True I think Psychopaths would be in a more concentrated area with lots of people but I think IF a psychopath wanted to do you harm, he'd probably separate you from the herd so to speak and follow or persuade you into a secluded area. It would be like a whole pack of lions or wolves herding their prey to exactly where they want them... except it's just one person that works as an entire pack all by themselves.

Shit that's scary. I think they're more than capable of doing so as well. They're almost psychic in the sense that they're normally a few steps ahead of everyone.
>>
>>14888491
Not the one who poster the story faggot, just an interested spectator.
>>
Any good stuff in 760? I'm from the Coachella Valley and there isn't a lot of creepy stuff that I know, supposedly a few haunted houses, possible sightings of hellhounds, small creatures, idk what else. There could be much more I don't know about
>>
>>14888492
Wtf are you guys talking about. Psychopaths are extremely common its not a rare occurance and besides, no all psychopaths are violent or even criminal for that matter.
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.