[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best configurations for SMPlayer / mvplayer? This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: Untitled-1.png (313KB, 685x536px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
313KB, 685x536px
What are the best configurations for SMPlayer / mvplayer? This is supposed to be some super high quality encode but i get a lot of these squares and wrong colors.

Help me configure this, i dont know much about video players / codecs etc...
>>
File: computa.png (963KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
computa.png
963KB, 1280x800px
Turning off hardware rendering seems to fix it, what do i lose from turning off the hardware rendering?

My graphics card is a shitty Intel HD Graphics 3000.
>>
>>89475
>My graphics card is a shitty Intel HD Graphics 3000.
You won't get far with that.
>what do i lose from turning off the hardware rendering
You lose some of the scaling and effects and everything is done on the CPU.
If you don't know much about video players and using windows just go with the usual MPC + KCP then you might have to change a few things in madVR to get it running smoothly due to how low end HD 3000 graphics are.
>>
>>89483
Damn, i didnt realize videos could be intensive on a graphics card.

I have MPC installed for a while already and it seems to run those videos without any problem, how do i check if im using KCP? What is madVR and how do i configure it?
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (116KB, 685x536px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
116KB, 685x536px
>>
>>89495
http://haruhichan.com/forum/showthread.php?7545-KCP-Kawaii-Codec-Pack

Though if you want individual madVR.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228
Just create a folder for it and copy the contents of the zip to it. Then run install.bat. Then change >>89498 to madVR.

Then in your madVR settings you should probably change your scaling settings to something like bicubic due to your low end card.
>>
>>89505
I think its installed and working, everything is running smooth, thanks a lot anon!
>>
File: Capture.png (838KB, 1279x723px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
838KB, 1279x723px
>>89514
No problem anon. You can check for frame drops by pressing ctrl+j and looking at the numbers there.
If you find it stuttering on some things (like 10bit stuff) then just messing with the scaling settings. With your graphics chip I would recommend something like pic related.
>>
>>89521
It says im dropping 1 frame every 10.58 secs, i guess its hard to tell the difference and if there is no easy way to fix it its not a problem anyway.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (476KB, 685x536px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
476KB, 685x536px
>>
>>89529
>>89531
>It says im dropping 1 frame every 10.58 secs
That is normally fine. Normally comes down to the way rounding works since anime isn't in a pure rounded frame rate. The numbers you need to keep note on are the render queue and present queue which need higher numbers for smoother playback while if the dropped frame or delayed frame count isn't increasing then there shouldn't be much of a problem. The dropped fames might jump slightly when you start playback/seek and maximise and minimise the window but settle down again after a second.
If you are worried though then you can check a few of the performance settings in the madVR settings under rendering -> trade quality for performance
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.