[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any mangas or animes with strong antitheist themes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1441726794286.jpg (90KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1441726794286.jpg
90KB, 720x720px
Are there any mangas or animes with strong antitheist themes?
>>
>>62860
>antitheist

what do you mean by this?

would berserk fit the bill? he wants to kill god/godhand, after all. And god is an evil entity in berserk.
>>
>>62879
>he
I meant the MC
>>
>>62860
>mangas
>animes
>>
>>62860
>strong antitheist themes
Why can't atheists define atheism
>>
>>62887
Antitheism is not atheism. You can be a believer and still hate the idea of god.
There are also some atheists who don't believe in god but think that it would be nice if he existed.
>>
>>62889
>There are also some atheists who don't believe in god but think that it would be nice if he existed.
That's not how atheism works. You're talking about someone being agnostic.
>>
>>62860
TTGL
>>
File: e79.png (171KB, 364x360px) Image search: [Google]
e79.png
171KB, 364x360px
>>62891
No. Atheism is about not believing in gods. Agnosticism is about not giving a flying fuck.
I'm sure your waifu doesn't exist but it would be nice if she existed. I'm an ayourwaifuist but not an antiyourwaifuist.
Better gib me some edgy manga and stop acting smart, kiddo.
>>
>>62895
>Agnosticism is about not giving a flying fuck
An agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves in God, not that he doesn't care.
>>
File: 1426946018228.jpg (76KB, 588x492px) Image search: [Google]
1426946018228.jpg
76KB, 588x492px
>>62895
>>
>>62860
Quite a few anime involve battling the Church specifically. But I think instead of those, you should play a video game with those themes. Try Grandia II. It says II but the story stands on its own.
>>
>>62891
He is right about antitheism though. It's a word, look it up. That's why there's all this stuff where God exists but they're like "Fuck that" and try to kill Him.
>>
>>62899
Every atheist is an agnostic according to Dawkins because you can't tell for sure and there's still that small possibility. I did mean the 'not giving a flying fuck' as in 'I don't know so I won't take sides'.
I made this thread in a provocative manner but I'm still pretty interested how often topics like those are introduced in manga and anime, considering the cultural differencies.
>>
>>62914
>Every atheist is an agnostic according to Dawkins because you can't tell for sure and there's still that small possibility.
Bull. Fucking. Shit.

>they often make the illogical deduction that the hypothesis of God's existence, and the hypothesis of his non-existence, have exactly equal probability of being right. The view that I shall defend is very different: agnosticism about the existence of God belongs firmly in the temporary ... category. Either he exists or he doesn't. It is a scientific question; one day we may know the answer, and meanwhile we can say something pretty strong about the probability.
-- Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>62891
I'm pretty sure you'd have to be mentally ill to not think it would be nice if god existed.

This is one of the most fundamental ways religious folk misunderstand atheism: they think that proof that god exists would be a crushing blow to atheists; that their entire world revolves around god not being real, and that god showing himself would kick the legs out from under their entire belief system.

Whereas in fact, any atheist would see god appearing tomorrow as a wonderous thing: actual evidence for a marvellous afterlife, just like the bible said would happen.
>>
>>62942
Have you heard about the Spectrum of theistic probability?
>most atheists do not consider themselves "7" because atheism arises from a lack of evidence and evidence can always change a thinking person's mind. In print, Dawkins self-identified as a '6', though when interviewed by Bill Maher[3] and later by Anthony Kenny,[4] he suggested '6.9' to be more accurate.

Also
>agnosticism about the existence of God belongs firmly in the temporary

Anyway it's really not that important.
>>
Full Metal Alchemist Bortherhood. You will know why.
>>
Hellsing Ultimate? They all look like the spawn of satan and the church is all twisted and evil.
>>
>>63711
Yeah, but that's more anti-church than antitheist. Hellsing itself was a para-religious organization.
>>
>>63773
>>63711
FFS.

Hellsing is Protestant, and the Knights Templar are Catholic.

Learn you your Christianity.
>>
>>62860
Kami nomi zo shiru sekai
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.