[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phone won't read micro SD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Nokia Asha 300.jpg (84KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
Nokia Asha 300.jpg
84KB, 800x799px
guise pls help
I dropped my pic related in a shallow puddle, and now it doesn't read my 16gb micro sd card.
I formatted the sd and it worked, but only for a few seconds.
Now my phone doesn't recognize it.
What do I do?

>inb4 buy new phone
>can't, am poorfag
>>
>>47688
Try to clean the micro SD slot.
>>
>>47713
how?
>>
>>47730
Switch the phone off and try to scrape off any mud off the exposed metal in the card slot (you can use a pin). Be gentle though.
>>
>>47739
It looks all clean and shiny, no mud or anything.
Is it fucked?
>>
>>47749
Your phone, with its dozens of complex and electrically chips, and thousands upon thousands of interconnects, has likely suffered some sort of short out which has killed the card reader.

> Is it fucked?
Most likely.
>>
>>47750
At one point everything was fine for a few seconds though, and then it stopped working again.
I wonder if a phone repair shop can do something about it.
>>
>>47754
Did you take it apart as much as possible and lay the parts out to dry on paper towels for 12 hours, yet?
>>
>>47754
>At one point everything was fine for a few seconds though
Yes, that was the circuit operating correctly for the few seconds it took current to find a path into something damaging. Unless the thing was turned off when it hit the water, and unless you disassembled it completely for a few days to let it thoroughly dry, That phone will never operate correctly again.

> I wonder if a phone repair shop can do something about it.
They can swap out the mainboard which will likely fix it.. Until the screen dies from water ingress in a month. Or the keypad. Or any of the other components that got hit. For the price of that repair you may as well go buy a new one. If you can afford a new mainboard (and assuming you can find a service agent who can reflash the IMEI for your old phone to the new board, which generally only manufacturers can do when the phone comes in for warranty) you can deffo afford a new phone.
>>
>>47769
>assuming you can find a service agent who can reflash the IMEI for your old phone to the new board, which generally only manufacturers can do
I can't think of a single reason OP would need that.
>>
>>47776
Well, the new board is going to come out blank (15 0's in most cases), and if the mobile network cannot pick up an IMEI, the network will not allow the IMSI to register on the HLR (list of subscribers allowed to pass traffic through the mobile network). It will be treated as a phone which has been stolen and had it's IMEI wiped or modified to avoid an lost/stolen IMEI block. He'll be able to make emergency calls, that's it.

So that's a pretty big "single reason" right there.
>>
>>47794
>new board
You love overcomplicating things, don't you.

Just use a pull; it's cheaper anyway.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.