[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm moving house soon and I was wondering if I moved my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1437979829436.jpg (76KB, 500x704px) Image search: [Google]
1437979829436.jpg
76KB, 500x704px
I'm moving house soon and I was wondering if I moved my wifi router to the new place if it would still be connected to my provider. If not could someone please explain why not? If its to do with the internet provider being locked to a specific house, could I just set up with my provider for the new place and just use my old router there instead of buying a new one. I don't really have any idea how this works
>>
>>42306
There's a difference between your wifi router and modem but to answer your question, you need to call your provider to make sure they even have a Internet line to your new house. If they don't, you need to change providers.
>>
>>42309
You also have to cancel your old line if you have to switch providers or else you're giving free internet to the next person that moves into your old house.
>>
>>42309
>>42311
Alright so if I call them and they tell me they do have a line to the new house, I assume I can just ask them to move my connection from my old house to the new one, can I just bring my current modem with me to the new place and use that or do I need a new one?
>>
>>42313
Did you buy your modem, or are you renting it from them?

(desu if you just call your provider and tell them you're moving, they'll probably walk you through what you need to do)
>>
>>42316
Bought it. But yeah I'll just ring them now. Thanks
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.