[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laptop buying advice please, Elitebook 8470p with a i7-3520m,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 1813x2111px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1813x2111px
Laptop buying advice please, Elitebook 8470p with a i7-3520m, a 7570m and a 900p display, or a dell Inspiron 14 3442 with a i5-4210u, 820m and 768p display. I know both are shit tier but I already have a beefy desktop and just need something decent for when I don't have acces to said desktop.
>>
Just get a cheap minimal dell. Their hardware has been good quality past couple of years and that's all that matters. It's up to you to delete all the bloatware and whatever
>>
>>40291
Loads of the i7-m processors are just the i5s rebranded and clocked slightly higher.

The low-voltage versions are notorious for this. A low-voltage i7m can differ from its i5m version only by having a 200MHz faster clock. Same cores, same cache, same features, same goddamn die.
>>
>>40294
Removing bloatware won't be an issue. Only thing I don't really like about the dell is the 768p screen but I guess I can get over that, not like I have a lot of choices with a $250 budget.
>>
>>40299
Yeah that's what I've heard, not really worried about the processor as much as I am the GPU and display though. Thanks for the advice anyway.
>>
>>40303
What are you actually gonna use it for?

That budget could get you an Ivy-Bridge Thinkpad, that would outlast your brand-new Dell.
>>
>>40321
Just general stuff, writing, watching Netflix and YouTube, maybe some light gaming in the form of TF2 or Fallout New Vegas. I've looked at T430s on eBay but couldn't find one with a 900p display at my budget. Like I said I guess I could deal with a 768p but having used a 1080p monitor for quite a long time I feel like I might have a hard adjusting.

Also forgot to mention the price of the laptops in the OP. The Elitebook is $200 and the dell is $240.
>>
>>40328
And by t430s I mean that as a plural, not the laptop model t430s.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.