[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convert Windows 10 to Windows 7?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
I have a Windows 10 laptop that has no options to downgrade to Windows 8 or 7, is there any way I could just like factory reset & download Windows 7?
>>
No.

You'll need a new windows license or a crack.
>>
>>382191
I don't care whether or not it's legal, just want to downgrade to Windows 7 however I can.
>>
>>382193
You're a fucking idiot for thinking that downgrading your OS is a good idea but hey, whatever.

Search Windows 7 iso on google and follow the instructions.
>>
>>382197
It's personal preference, sorry for not fucking liking Windows 10. I'm sure only half the population will also feel this way.
>>
>>382199
>>
Your laptop might be incompatible, fair warning. Something about AHCI mode, iirc.
>>
>>382189
go on kinguin and buy your windows 7 license of choice (if you choose ultimate you need to activate it via automated phone system).

then go on google and search "digitalriver mirror" and download the correct windows 7 iso.

put that shit on a usb drive at least 4GB capacity (NCIX tech tips has a tip on how to do that, you can use 7zip to extract the iso onto the flash drive just make sure it doesnt put it in a folder on there) boot from that shit and wipe and install.

1 2 3 ezpz
>>
>>382197
Downgrade != revert
Update != upgrade

If I were to suggest that it'd be retarded to use 10 on hardware that accommodates 7, would that be civil or cunty? Don't be a cunt.
>>
>>382277
Downgrade == what Microsoft fucking calls it
I'm != sure what the rest is of your point is

I think you're stretching when you're saying modern hardware "accomodates 7". It's not signed for secure boot, it doesn't support XHCI, and getting the installer to even boot under UEFI is a crapshoot.
>>
File: Fucking Plebs.jpg (220KB, 1080x726px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Plebs.jpg
220KB, 1080x726px
>>382189
Sorry you fell for the Windows 10 meme, OP.

Unfortunately, Jewsoft made their Windows 10 operating system tied to the motherboard, so it can't be changed without fucking up your BIOS.

It's possible on Windows 8, but you're out of luck.

El Psy Congroo
>>
>>382197
I keep using Windows 7, recommend windows 7 to everyone, and when my GF's laptop got fucked, guess which OS I installed.
The differences are so minor, it doesn't really matter. You can launch any software on either of them, nowadays it is mostly just preference
>>
>>382780
Absolute and utter bullshit.

The only problem going from 10 to 7 is that 7 is so fucking ancient it doesn't support any modern hardware, including the XHCI controllers modern computers run their USB ports with, and the bootloader signing modern computers use to protect themselves from rootkits.

It's way easier to go from 10 to 8, because 8 does support these things, so you don't need to work around an installer that can't write a bootable OS and can't read its own disk.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.