[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SYSTEMS ENGINEERING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

hey /wsr/, so tomorrow is my first day in university. And i'll be studying Systems engineering, but can anyone tell me is system engineering somehow related to science? and what its even about??
>>
sounds like a meme
but the only kinds of systems engineering I'm familiar with is computer hardware/software.
>>
>>382539
>sounds like a meme
He means sys admin, but he's a spic and can't into english.
>>381970
You do shit that anyone could do after looking it up for 15 minutes; like setting up a shared printer. That's only if you're lucky enough to land a job, because over half of graduates don't ever get a job at a company and mostly end up doing computer repair informally. Basically you fell for a meme, also
>and what its even about??
Why did you even pick a career if you don't even know what's it about, you fucking idiot?
>>
>>381970
It's kind of like management, but for engineering. Engineering got sick of being managed by people that aren't engineers, so they invented their own management science.

There's very little overlap with science, and expect to do the same foundational math, physics etc. that all engineers do, but then instead of going into depth in EE, ME, SE, CE, etc. expect to do a bit of everything and a whole lot of management, design, and lifecycle.

>>382545
Oh, the irony.
>>
>>381970
Systems engineer here.

You'll mainly learn mathematics and logic. Of course, derivatives like linguistics and discrete mathematics as well. A tiny bit of physics too. The rest will be mainly, well, systems. Making algorithms, diagrams and the like, and the typical data structures needed to make those efficiently. You'll most likely learn some programming and very basic database theory, with some practice in some particular db engine, most likely mysql - but don't expect to actually learn mysql. You'll only get the basics, and if you actually want to do efficient shit, you'll have to learn on your own.

Some basic electronics too, most likely. If it's a good school, you'll also learn assembly.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.