[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Basic conversions word problem help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: fqfff.png (27KB, 767x398px) Image search: [Google]
fqfff.png
27KB, 767x398px
Is there a way to convert them all to miles to factor it for A or am I being a fucking moron, its probably the latter.
>>
>>379968
the squared term is unitless, it's just a number, so you may use Re and A in the same unit. It's probably easier to use the given Re, calculate A in km, and transform A in your unit of choice, say ancient Egyptian royal cubits or something.
>>
>>379973
So Re and A and unitless?Im confused, because i have to factor it out it , since im solving for A. Just seems like it would not work
>>
>>379978
because of...uh unit law or something like that
>>
>>379968
I don't understand the issue. Just solve for A (i.e., A = ...), plug in the given values (make sure to use all the same unit, e.g., meters), and then convert the answer to miles afterward.
>>379978
The anon is saying the (Re/(Re+A))^2 term is unitless, which is correct since they cancel each other out: (meters/(meters + meters))^2, there are no leftover units when you divide out all of the meters. It's just a ratio that reduces the gravitational acceleration depending on your altitude.
>>
>>379986
Damn! Why thank you,now i understand ive been overthinking it I guess.
>>
>>379989
hmmm, i think my problem lies with factoring this, i cant seem to get the right answer
>>
>>379995
You can indiscriminately take the square root of both sides (keep both g and g0 on the same side) and go from there. Then find a manageable way to solve for A.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.