/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate my laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2337.jpg (244KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2337.jpg
244KB, 720x960px
I am basically begging for either a permanent solution to this PC problem, or the sweet relief of death at this point

>laptop has a problem with the wifi card, won't be fixed by updating drivers either
>connected to a network but no access
>doesn't show alternate networks in range

Now this is fucking maddening, because until I figured something out, I had to restart the laptop, and just pray it would work (it would work about 50% of the time

>trying to fix it
>basically just fucking around
>when trying to disconnect the network, the window freezes
>quickly tap flightmode, then run diagnostic tool before the frozen window closes
>"found problem"
>"you weren't automatically connecting to some random network that you were connected to almost a year ago, on the other side of the country"
>wat
>automatically connect
>"problem not solved"
>now the wifi works

And this is not a permanent fix, I have to do it at least once a day. I hate this fucking thing with passion
>>
Format it?
>>
>>378215
Honestly Anon, at this point I would just reinstall Windows, drivers on windows are a shitshow and getting wifi drivers to work is fucking hell, I spent a week trying to get a wifi dongle to work with my computer before I just said fuck it and reinstalled and that magically made it work. It's probably gonna be the fastest and easiest thing to do.
>>
>>378215
Y'know, I've never had a problem like that, despite using wifi since 802.11b, because my wifi cards have always had the word "Intel" in their name.

>>378215
OP, find which Intel cards your laptop whitelists, and upgrade to one. You'll never have a wifi problem again.
>>
>>378219
>>378220
I have both reformatted (multiple times), and tried reinstalling Windows, but to no avail
>>378227
I'll try that, thanks
>>
>>378215

Have you ever thought about "Linux Mint"?
>>
This happened with my old laptop several years ago, and I just got a WiFi dongle from Radio Shack. They still exist right?

Try a Ubuntu liveCD or liveUSB and see if the WiFi works fine, no bullshit required. If not, then it's clearly a hardware problem.
>>
>>378230
If reformatting didn't fix it, it's a hardware issue, Spend 10$ on an external wifi dongle or replace the one in your laptop
>>
>>378264

> Try a Ubuntu liveCD or liveUSB and see if the WiFi works fine, no bullshit required.

A befriended admin recommends Knoppix for this purpose.

http://knoppix.net/get.php
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.