[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flickering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: test.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
test.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
I'm at wits end. Here's the situation: as you can see, there is some kind of tearing/flickering/glitching going at the top of my screen. This flickering persists throughout all applications, whether watching a video (regardless of player), viewing images, or simply on the desktop. It happens full screen or windowed. This problem started in January, but I didn't have money until recently to buy new parts. I've assembled the new build but I had to reuse the gpu from my old one because I'm a poorfag. Anyway, that rules out the CPU, motherboard, RAM, or anything except the following four: it's either the GPU, the display itself, Windows 7, or the GPU drivers. I should also note here that when I set display resolution in windows to 1080p rather than the monitor's native 1440p, the problem is gone. Absolutely no graphical glitches. I have a second 1080p monitor to confirm this. There is also absolutely no tearing in the bios/uefi of either my new or old motherboard, but idk what resolution they output to so I don't know how relevant it is. When I ran GPU benchmarks, the scores were all roughly in line with what my card should be getting, and there are no other graphical glitches. I also tried a live-usb ubuntu installation and had it displaying at 1440p without issue, but I did not extensively test it (i.e. I used it for a couple hours monitoring the top of the screen like a hawk but that's it.) Also, the issue happens regardless of cable or connection (occurs on both dual-link DVI and HDMI) and yes I tested multiple cables

Monitor: ASUS PB258Q
GPU: XFX R9 280X
most recent version of drivers as well (Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.8.2 Optional) stupid name but that's it's official version no.)

Google has failed me in every way, nothing comes up for the parts or software specifically and googling "monitor flickering" yields nebulous results. Please help me diagnose the failure, I need you /wsr/
>>
>>377825
Most likely the GPU. Run any test or benchmark you can and see if there's anything out of the ordinary.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.