[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good anime movies beside studio ghibli and satoshi kon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1504257039236.jpg (215KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1504257039236.jpg
215KB, 1920x1080px
What are some good anime movies beside studio ghibli and satoshi kon?
>>
>>377087

Cowboy Bebop movie (You can watch without the series, but it's better after watching the TV show)
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Steamboy
Patlabor movie 1
Gurren Lagann compilation movies (Only if you've already watched the TV series and haven't watched the movies)
Redline
Tailenders
Eve no Jikan
Shashinkan
Happy Birthday: Inochi Kagayaku Toki
Death Billiards
Angel's Egg
Ghost in the Shell (1995)
Akira
Nasu: Summer in Andalusia
Midori-ko
Sword of the Stranger
Sakasama no Patema
A Letter to Momo
The Garden of Words
Giovanni's Island
>>
>>377087
5 cm per second
Your name
Genius Party
>>
Nekojiru-sou
Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni
End of Evangelion (if you've already seen the TV series)
5 centimeters per second
>>
Dog of Flanders
Macross Do you remember love/Plus
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro/Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone
The Slayers Movies

>>377095
>the first Patlabor over Patlabor 2
My nigga
>>
Ideon: Be Invoked (You must watch the TV series first though)
Metropolis
Mind Game
Hells (Mostly for the really nice animation)

>>377495

I will have to admit that I'm too dumb to appreciate the second movie. But also, it's so far separated from the original OVA series and first movie in how serious and devoid of fun it is comparatively that I just didn't really enjoy it. Oshii made it too Oshii. Angel's Egg and Ghost in the Shell were good though.

Also, Cagliostro is Ghibli. Not Ghibli Ghibli, but still Ghibli. But I also recommend a bunch of the Lupin movies. They're all crazy and silly and fun.
>>
>>377507
>Also, Cagliostro is Ghibli. Not Ghibli Ghibli, but still Ghibli
It's TMS, Miyazaki just directed it before Ghibli was even a thing.
>>
>>377087
Recommending Metropolis if you're into /m/core
>>
Samurai champloo is mandatory entry level viewing
Psycho-pass is also very good
>>
Here's one that hasn't been mentioned:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/27969/Hana_to_Alice__Satsujin_Jiken
>>
>>377707
Read the OP before replying
>>
>>377087

I did quite enjoy "Welcome to the Space Show".
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.