[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tech support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170905_141217.jpg (3MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170905_141217.jpg
3MB, 3036x4048px
So, I don't usually go to others for help when it comes to troubleshooting, but I figured this would be the best place to get some help.

What's happening is my PC powers on when I press the power button with the fans on max but doesn't POST, I installed the speaker once this happened to see if I could get a code with no such luck there's also no debug code displayed on the LED screen either. It will stay like this forever. I am trying to figure out whether it is my CPU or motherboard but don't have the funds to test this otherwise.

Here is what I've tried;

-starting with one RAM (alternating between different sticks and different slots in every combination possible)
-starting with no RAM
-starting with and without external graphics
-starting with a different GPU than I began with
-clearing CMOS
-replacing CMOS battery
-waiting (being that I USUALLY have dumb luck with things like this I gave it a day or so without power to see if I could get it to forget it was broken, no such luck.)

things I can't try as of yet due to being broke include;
-testing with a different PSU
-testing with a different CPU
-testing with a different motherboard

CPU: Intel i5 4760k
Motherboard: Gigabyte GAz87x-ud3h
GPU: EVGA brand GTX 960
RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1600 4Gb x2

I can provide any other information as needed. I have found something recently that I don't know if I should be concerned about or if it could be a clue as to what the problem is. The motherboard will power on and do exactly the same thing with or without a CPU installed, and I have noticed that the CPU has a small bulge on the bottom of it. Being that I bought this CPU 3 years ago, I don't know if that was just something that was there when I got it, or if this is something that came to be with time.

Posted is an image of the bulge mentioned above.
>>
>>376932
What do you exactly mean by saying that it doesn't POST? Does the screen just stay black with nothing?
Can you access BIOS?
If you can't see POST, then it may be a motherboard problem, and not a CPU probably.
>>
>>376941
Yeah, nothing happens, it just powers up and acts like it's main purpose is to light up and make noise..

No display, no beeps nothing. It works exactly the same whether or not the CPU is in the socket, and I recently just tested that there's no difference even if I unplug the 8pin cable
>>
>>376942
Before we call it a dead motherboard, just double check if all cables are connected firmly into their slots and clean mobo from dust if there is any.
The best way to make sure everything is connected right way is to unplug all the wires and plug them again.
In the meantime, you can have an overall look on the motherboard. The most common problem with dead motherboards are damaged capacitors. Just have a peak if there aren't any
>>
>>376970
Very true, will do. I "pizza boxed" it but didn't overlooked that part. All of the cables have been plugged in and unplugged, but it seems like no matter what is, or is not plugged into it, it just does the same thing which I find odd. Shouldn't it be acting differently when it detects something is missing?
>>
>>376984
>Shouldn't it be acting differently when it detects something is missing?

It should, unless the motherboard is fried.
Try to focus on motherboard the most now. Or even try to replace it just to see if it's the problem.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.