[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Fiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

I'm leaving at the end of the month for a 2 weeks holiday. I love reading, but I'm out of options right now, so I wanted some advice. So, please recommend me your favourite fiction books.
>>
I really enjoyed "and then there was none". I'm not a reader at all either but on my way back from Iraq there was recreational area with books people donated. I picked that one up and actually read all the way through it.
>>
>>376556
>and then there was none

Just looked it up. It's "And then there were none".
>>
>>376556
That's by Agatha Christie right? It's called Ten Little Indians here. It's indeed very good but I already read it. Nice pick anyway
>>
>>376560

yeah. It is by her. Hmmm. Other than that I don't know what else to suggest. I personally would pick up "the shining" because I've always wanted to compare the book to the movie. "Needful Things" also is the same situation. Another Stephen King novel that I would love to read that has a movie for it.

I loved the original Goosebumps series when I was a kid. You could try those if you can get the pdf collection online and don't mind reading kid stuff.
>>
>>376554

The Dresden Files
>>
The Floating Opera
The End of the Road

John Barth's first two novels. They explore individuals with overactive intellects and the pathologies that emerge. Really funny, and kinda dark.
>>
You could try pretty much anything by Stephen King, like Misery, 11/22/63, Pet Sematary, Cujo, Carrie and so on, or you could try Thomas Harris' Silence of the Lambs series (Hannibal rising, Red Dragon, Hannibal). It depends on what kind of books you like.

The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy?
>>
>>376634
Ended up ordering this on Amazon. Fantasy and crime novel is such an odd combination
>>
>>376802

It's a page turner. I'm totally bummed that I finished the whole series and there are no more to read. Guess I'll wait for alzheimer's and read them all again.
>>
"Norwegian by Night" by Derek B. Miller

Main character is old and has Alzheimers, sees a woman getting killed by a Balkan group, rescues her son and takes off with him to protect him. Others believe he doesn't know what he is doing in his alzheimer state and abducted the kid. Maybe he was an elite sniper in the Korean war, or maybe he dreamt that up.
Very good read.
>>
>>376829

Third time's a charm.
>>
>>376560
>Ten Little Indians
I prefer the original title.
>>
The Egyptian by Mika Waltari.
>>
File: killme.png (446KB, 465x670px) Image search: [Google]
killme.png
446KB, 465x670px
>>376831
Man my mind is so fucked right now. I went to buy bread, got a pretzel as well and left the store without my bread.
Forgot it was Tuesday, so I wasted hours of four people waiting for me.
Went to another store to buy eggs, bought bananas.
Just end me already
>>
File: p047.png (296KB, 800x1028px) Image search: [Google]
p047.png
296KB, 800x1028px
>>376834
http://imgur.com/a/SVSNk
>>
>>376841
Yeah, that sums up myself lately. Similar vibes to my book rec as well actually.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.