[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mecha newfag here looking for recommendations. What are some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Mecha newfag here looking for recommendations. What are some quintessential series I should watch? Special preference for super dramatic moments and cheesy romances
>>
>>375484
Gundam 0079 Trilogy
>>
File: 193890789.jpg (196KB, 736x1110px) Image search: [Google]
193890789.jpg
196KB, 736x1110px
>>375484
Escaflowne, of course. Just make sure to avoid watching the movie. It's not that great compared to the original anime.
>>
>>375490
Why not give both a try? The movie is only less than an hour and half, and it has pretty art.
>>
>>375496
Despite the gorgeous art direction, they completely changed Van's personality and most of the things that happen aren't related to the original anime anyway.
>>
>>375512
Fair enough.
>>
>>375485
Nah, OP should watch the TV series. Then the movies later if he wants but it's not necessary.
>>
>>375519
The 0079 movies have most of the plot relevant scenes and none of the filler. 0079 got cancelled at the time for a good reason, it gets too episodic.
>>
>>375521
Nah. 0079 has surprisingly little actual filler, since most arcs share the same levels of stakes and intensity. Also, you trade in most of the show's best bits for only marginally better action scenes. Just watch the TV series, OP.
>>
>>375490
Saw both already, loved it (series moreso than movie, but the visuals were worth it)

>>375485
>>375519
>>375521
>>375556
Old school Gundam it is.

If it helps all the other anons suggestion, I've already seen Eva, Code Geass, and TTGL.
>>
>>375484
Getter Robo
Mazinger Z
Space Runaway Ideon
SDF Macross + Do You Remember Love
Votoms
Gunbuster
Patlabor
>>
>>375898
For Ideon also watch the movie Be Invoked, it's quite literally the best mecha anime I've seen.

I'm also really partial to the 2004 remake of tetsujin 28 gou, Tun A Gundam, Gundam War in the Pocket, GaoGaiGar, and Fafner.
The only downside is Fafner's first season (24 episodes) are really just mediocore, but the OVA, movie, and second season (Exodus) is probably the only 2010s mecha I can think of that's good.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.