[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Physics problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: homer-3.jpg (30KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
homer-3.jpg
30KB, 600x450px
I know this is dumb but I'm stuck with this problem please help:

Object A starts from the origin velocity 3 m/s and object B starts from the same place with the velocity 5 m/s, 6 seconds later. When will B Catch up with A?
>>
To find position equations, you want to express the velocity as an integral. In the case of constant velocities, the equation is v * t + b, with b being the initial position. So the equations for A and B would be A=3t and B=5t.

B starts 6 seconds later, so by the time B moves, A is already at its position for t=6 seconds. Initial position of A=3 * 6seconds = 18m. Initial position of B = 0.The new equations are A=3t+18 and B=5t.

You want to know when the position of B equals that of A, so we set 3t+18=5t. Moving the equation around, we get 2t=18. So they are at same position at t=9 seconds, which is your answer.
>>
>>375453
Thank you so much I looked for an answer for well over an hour and now that you explained it. I'm embarrassed to not have it understood earlier. Anyways thank you.
>>
Oops, lemme correct my answer - You're already at time =6 when it starts, so add 6 to the time elapsed. 6+9=15 seconds, which is the correct answer.
>>
>>375446

t1=6s--> s1=3m/s 6s = 18m

-->xs 5m/s = xs 3m/s + 18m

-->5x = 3x + 18 --> x=9

--> 9s after t1 = 15s at all
>>
>>375459
haha yeah thank you again.
>>
>>375460
Haha thank you too.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.