[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trippy games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: fc3.jpg (926KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
fc3.jpg
926KB, 2560x1440px
Looking for games with trippy/eerie/atmospheric segments, preferably in first person perspective.

Something is happening, you're not quite sure what, you hear weird sounds or voices, and the visuals are unusual.

My best examples include the drug sequences in FarCry 3, and the Daedra encounters in Skyrim.
Doesn't need to be horror.

If it's free or cheap, that would be even better.
>>
Yume Nikki.
>>
>>374989

Played that, so I'd like to add:
The less I want to kill myself after the experience, the better.
>>
>>374982
Mind: Path to Thalamus
(gameplay and story are mediocre; visuals are great and weird most of the time)
>>
>>374982
The Batman Arkham series has moments like this.
>>
File: image.jpg (309KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
309KB, 1680x1050px
It's been nearly two decades since I've played it, but you might like Myst. It's not super trippy or anything but I guess I'd call it "realistic dreamlike". "Something is happening, you're not quite sure what" is basically the whole game.
>>
File: obduction.jpg (478KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
obduction.jpg
478KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: max payne nightmare.jpg (4KB, 418x261px) Image search: [Google]
max payne nightmare.jpg
4KB, 418x261px
The original Max Payne has 2 such segments.
>>
Most of Antichamber, but especially this part (3:08)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9HvgmNVQGM&t=3m08s
>>
File: tumblr_ot480vmOde1qlwqqzo1_540.gif (376KB, 540x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ot480vmOde1qlwqqzo1_540.gif
376KB, 540x400px
Hylics?
>>
SOMA should be exactly what you are looking for
>>
>>375006
Is that another walking simulator? I'll put it on the "get on 66% sale" list then

>>375014
Any one in particular you'd recommend? I have Asylum and City, but never played them...

>>375041
Oh ffs I remember this one, I played that as a child and got stuck on every corner. Would you say it is playable without a guide? I like it when weird things happen, but I don't want to wonder what some lever did for 3 hours. Bad memories.

>>375194
Reviews tell me this is a worse version of Myst, so if anything I'lll try Myst first.

>>375197
Oh my god, I forgot about that, I'll play that, thanks!

>>375201
Looks good, I heard good things about this game before. On my list now.

>>375440
"A playable prog rock album cover." Hell yeah I'll buy that.

>>375444
I have submechanophobia, I get cold sweat just looking at some of the pictures, so I'd probably shit myself playing this. Gonna have to skip that one.
>>
>>374982
REZ can get really trippy if you have a good speaker system while playing the game.

I used to play it on my Dreamcast, I used to hook up the audio to my stereo system. I would feel a rush of dopamine after a few hours of playing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7zjVA6KsmY
>>
>>375457
Looks seizure heavy, but I like games like that. The asthetic reminds me of Audiosurf.
>>
Pathologic and the Void.
>>
>>375449
>I played that as a child and got stuck on every corner. Would you say it is playable without a guide?
Me too, and as I said, I haven't played it in nearly two decades. I imagine as adults you and I would both be more adept problem solvers.
>>
>>374982
this used to be a free unity game, but i think it's being developed for steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxvrRXoUjJA
>>
Panzer Dragoon
>>
>>376251
Nice, I'll look into that!
>>376483
Usually not my genre at all, but I guess now is as good a time as any to try a rail shooter
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.