[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

accounting help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Bruce-Wayne-Loses-Parents.jpg (43KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce-Wayne-Loses-Parents.jpg
43KB, 600x400px
The following information is available for Sharder Company for the month of June:

1. The unadjusted balance per the bank statement on June 30 was $57,000.
2. Deposits in transit on June 30 were $3,600.
3. A debit memo was included with the bank statement for a service charge of $15.
4. A $5,560 check written in June had not been paid by the bank.
The bank statement included a $1,080 credit memo for the collection of a note. The principal of the note was $1,050, and the interest collected amounted to $30.
>>
Required
Determine the true cash balance as of June 30. (Hint: It is not necessary to use all of the preceding items to determine the true balance.)
>>
hey guys I missed a week of class thanks to some problems with some medication and i have not idea how to do two accounting questions and i would greatly appreciate some help.
>>
Henderson Company had an unadjusted cash balance of $8,700 as of May 31. The company’s bank statement, also dated May 31, included a $50 NSF check written by one of Henderson’s customers. There were $910 in outstanding checks and $210 in deposits in transit as of May 31. According to the bank statement, service charges were $75, and the bank collected a $600 note receivable for Henderson. The bank statement also showed $16 of interest revenue earned by Henderson.

Required
Determine the true cash balance as of May 31. (Hint: It is not necessary to use all of the preceding items to determine the true balance.)
>>
>>374431
57000+3600-15-5560-1080

I'm not an accountant but this is really easy. And if I'm wrong, well, I'm not an accountant so what did you expect?
>>
>>374436
thanks thats what i thought but connect is saying its wrong.
>>
I Think it would be more like 57000 + 3600 -15 +1080. It is asking for cash balance, so the 5560 would be considered a liability, not a cash payment.
But it has been 14 years since I took an accounting class.
>>
>>374446
damn that wasn't right either, thanks for trying though.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.