[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you turn off the power to a specific section of a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1481957746330m.jpg (170KB, 1024x651px) Image search: [Google]
1481957746330m.jpg
170KB, 1024x651px
How do you turn off the power to a specific section of a house?
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>373244
>How do you turn off the power to a specific section of a house?
Circuit Breaker bro
>>
>>373244
Flipping breakers like this Anon said >>373250 or if you're looking into ways to actually control which certain parts of the house are turned off with some automated system or something of that sort, you're probably looking more for >>>/diy/
>>
>>373244
depends on if your connections were correctly or shitly done but if you have several circuit breakers in your house just turn off the one you need to
>>
File: 1493624812746.png (78KB, 263x278px) Image search: [Google]
1493624812746.png
78KB, 263x278px
Lets say the power is off in a certain section of my house, and after checking the only circuit breaker panel in the house I live in that I know of, every circuit is set to on and I don't know what is causing it. It's very likely that someone in my house has done this intentionally.
Any ideas?
>>
>>373555
Either part of installation in your house broke, or there is a circuit breaker panel you don't know of.
>>
File: 1451692705677.gif (1MB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
1451692705677.gif
1MB, 350x300px
>>373558
It's certainly not broken, as it worked literally yesterday and this isn't the first time it's happened.
There's no other way to turn off a section of the house besides a circuit breaker?
>>
>>373576
>works sometimes
>doesn't work other times
>this has been happening for a long time

>It's certainly not broken

OP, you have a strange definition of "not broken". Get an electrician in before you die in a house fire.
>>
>>373599
>>373555
>It's very likely that someone in my house has done this intentionally.
>>
>>373576
Well, you can disconnect wires in a junction box.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.