[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I downscale monitor resolution on a laptop monitor? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 91u-JxjgBoL._SL1500_.jpg (322KB, 1500x1294px) Image search: [Google]
91u-JxjgBoL._SL1500_.jpg
322KB, 1500x1294px
How do I downscale monitor resolution on a laptop monitor? I want to the monitor to display 1920x1080 on a 1600x900 screen. AMD's Control Center isn't detecting the laptop screen either. I know it will look like shit and that displaying at native will be better. I would just like to know how.
>>
I don't think I'm following you.

How many monitors are there?
What native resolutions do these monitors have?
What resolution do you want the operating system to run on?
>>
>>372853

>How many monitors are there?
One built in laptop display
>What native resolutions do these monitors have?
1600x900
>What resolution do you want the operating system to run on?
1920x1080
>>
>>372855
You can't go above the native resolution. You cannot output to more pixels than there are on the display, so the OS has to run on 1600x900 as well. If you then open 1920x1080 content (like a video) you can downscale to 1600x900 in software.
>>
>>372858
>You can downscale to 1600x900 in software.
diff anon here. I used to watch 1080p movies on 1600x900 and it was lagging like shit but that was 5 years ago so maybe the gpus got better at it.
>>
>>372858
Sure you can, the Nvidia NVS drivers explicitly support this.

As will any 720p TV that supports HDMI: they can downscale 1080 to 720, even though that's more pixels than are on the display.
>>
>>372922

Do AMD Drivers support this?
>>
>>372922
>Nvidia NVS drivers explicitly support this
Never heard about it, sounds interesting though. From a cursory google search it looks like NVS is some kind of proprietary standard for multi-display arrangements aimed at businesses? And it seems to require special NVS cards?

And from all that it's still not clear to me they actually support that and if they do whether they just scale it down on the driver-level (aka still in software) before outputting the correct native resolution or whether they actually pass-through larger resolutions than the display supports.

>As will any 720p TV
Alright, I believe you. I've not owned a TV in like 10 years, so that's probably true. How is that relevant to this thread though?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.