[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need your help, /wsr/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I need your help, /wsr/.
>>
>>371356
OP here, specifically on the steps to complete the problem
>>
You're doing shell integration. Look at a tutorial on that.
>>
>>371362
Yeah, but that's not the problem I have.

The problem is I'm an algebra brainlet and can't figure out how to set the "y =" equation to an "x = " equation
>>
>>371358
1.- Draw/imagine the line of the equation.
2.- Imagine that it rotates around the y axis.
3.- Now imagine the same but only care about the part that goes from x=0 to x=2.

>>371363
This doesn't matter.
>>
>>371364
I get that, but I'm integrating with respect to y so it does matter. Also, since I'm integrating with respect to y my bounds aren't going to be from x = 0 to x = 2. it's going to be from y = 0 to y = equation.
>>
>>371363
There's a standard equation for volume by shell revolution in y=f(x) form. If your instructor hasn't taught you that yet, it shouldn't be on the homework, but whatever.

http://www2.bc.cc.ca.us/resperic/Math6A/Lectures/ch6/2/shell.htm

This gives pretty short and simple instructions on what the formula is and why.
>>
>>371356
you want to integrate y (x sqrt(4-x^2)) from x=0 to x=2

then you visualize what this looks like in 2d space (it looks like a line from where you integrate if you look at it from the xy plane or topdown)

to get it into a solid you would have to rotate it like a circle so you just multiple by 2pi which effectively rotates it around in a circle (it's a result of a rotationally invariant solid which you'll see in calc 3)

hopefully this helps
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.