[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you access the files on an iphone without the passcode?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Hi all,

My parents called me yesterday to tell me that my dog of 12 years suddenly died and I lost control of myself and smashed my iphone 6 into the ground.

The phone still seems to work, but the screen is totally destroyed and nonfunctional.

I wanted to get my photos and videos of my dog and cat off of it, but itunes wants me to unlock my phone first, which I can't do because I have no control over the input.

Is there any way to access the files on the internal storage? Can apple help? I'm sure somebody has broken into an iphone before...
>>
Hand yourself into the police.
>>
>>371133
dude it's my personal phone (not in the picture)
>>
>>371132
No, the phone itself can't access its SSD unless you input the password.

You might have a broken screen and working touch, in which case if you're using a simple PIN, you can probably enter it despite not being able to see anything.

Otherwise, replacement screen assemblies are $30 on eBay. If you don't care about the phone, you don't even have to fit it well, as all it needs to be able to do is enter the password. You can even just crack the front open and plug the new screen in. Check iFixit for guides.
>>
>>371138
Thanks.

I tried to just input my passcode, but I can only really input random strings of numbers (at least when it switched to the emergency dial setting).

I'll look into just slapping a new screen assembly into it.
>>
OP you are obviously a thief with a stolen iPhone because if you actually owned the phone you'd just take it to the Apple store for help. That's like the first thing anyone would do if they had a problem with their phone that they couldn't immediately fix on their own. Apple employees for sure know more about how to fix iPhones than random people on 4chan, the only reason you wouldn't ask them first is if you couldn't because you don't actually own the phone.

Fuck off.
>>
>>371139
>>371138
If you have a recent iOS installed, you can also use a lightning/USB dongle and a USB keyboard.

This will work better if you can see something, because otherwise you won't really be able to know when to type your password in.

This method will only work if you've already synced your phone with iTunes before, because with the keyboard there's no way to press "trust this computer", without which the computer has no access to the phone.
>>
>>371141
It's funny that you say that considering I called the closest apple store (which is over two hours away from me in Harrisburg) and they told me that they cannot bypass the passcode.

The reason I came online is because I literally need to backdoor my iphone to override it and some guy working at the apple store isn't going to tell me how to do that over the phone.
>>
>>371141
Bull. If OP was a thief, he'd be asking "how do I bypass the iCloud password?", not "I already know the password how can I type it in?"

Suppose you stole the phone, and someone gives a perfect answer to the latter, correct and complete in every detail. How does that help you? You said you knew the password; if you lied about that the is no use to you. There's no weird trick that can be used to get around the password, as the SSD's decryption key is encrypted with it. The phone's not just withholding access from you, it needs the password or it can't do anything.
>>
>>371141
OP fucking delivered

Kill yourself faggot. Who wants to steal this?
>>
>>371145
>I literally need to backdoor my iphone to override it
That's not possible. The only reason the FBI could do it was the FBI was dealing with an iPhone 5C, which doesn't have the new security processor the 5S and later (which includes your phone) has.

There is not and has never been a publicly-known exploit for iPhones with TouchID, and zero-days are rumoured to go for $1,000,000 and up.
>>
>>371149
You might be able to get away with the keyboard trick (>>371143), as you can see enough of the screen to see the login prompt, and as the digitiser works somewhat, you can probably hit random bits of the screen for a 50/50 chance of hitting yes on the trust dialogue. If its rotate lock is off, turning it clockwise might even rotate "yes" onto a working part of the screen.
>>
>>371132
> Using an iphone
> having enough emotional attachment to a pet to destroy a phone for really no reason, even if it is a shit phone.
>>
>smashing phones because of bad news
>no backup of phone or data
confirmed for retarded
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.