[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Processor cooler wont come off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: P70826-182317.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
P70826-182317.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
I was given the duty to clean my sisters PC. However back in china Dum Chinc Ho srewed the processor on too tight and now it wont fucking move. Any ideas on how to unscrew pic related?
>>
Also, it's an HP 250
>>
>>370464
If you're talking about the 4 screws on the heatsink that wont come off, it's pretty common manufactures loctite them so they never come loose, get a screwdriver thats a bit on the smaller side, and push down really hard on it with your body weight, and then slowly turn the screwdriver to snap the loctite off.

Although it seems weird that you're taking off the cooler to just clean the laptop, you dont need new thermal paste very often.
>>
>>370467
Thanks, hope I won't break it. Youre right, it's not needed very often. I do believe 4 years counts as not often. Thanks for the help anyways.
>>
>>370467
They absolutely do, that's why they're labelled 1, 2, 3, 4.

What did you think you were supposed to do if a heatpipe broke, get a new laptop?

>>370470
You've already broken it. You undid the northbridge heatsink, and now it needs a new thermal pad. You can't reuse them, and just screwing it back down is not going to work.

The northbridge doesn't have a temperature sensor in it, it just fails.
>>
>>370501
What the hell are you on about?
>>
File: whoops.jpg (98KB, 1019x642px) Image search: [Google]
whoops.jpg
98KB, 1019x642px
>>370509
I don't even know. I don't know what the hell I read, but I thought you were saying it didn't come off at all.

OP's still fucked his computer, though: now that he's undone this, the whole heatsink *has* to come off, and whatever was between it and the PCH needs to be replaced. If it's a thermal pad, OP needs to go buy a thermal pad, because paste doesn't fill gaps. If OP just screws it back down, the PCH will overheat, just as if he pulled the CPU heatsink off and then just plopped it back down, but the PCH won't alert or throttle, it will just crash the system or permanently fail.
>>
>>370511
>5
>6
uh oh
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.