[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ipod backup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: buys an ipod.jpg (80KB, 620x763px) Image search: [Google]
buys an ipod.jpg
80KB, 620x763px
Other than Itunes, what's the best means of backing up an ipod classic. I want to transfer my ipod library onto a new mp3 player?
>>
>>368258
Find an old build of idump and copy the songs off the iPod. Just merely creating a back up won't let you transfer them to a different device.

You need an older build of it because later builds have you a transfer limit before making you pay for it.

Although you can rip all the songs off the iPod itself but you'll have to go through and rename everything and make folders for each individual artist and album.
>>
>>368259
There are programs which do that, like mp3tag. It'll rename and sort everything by the ID3 tag content.
>>
>>368260
No, I don't believe it changes the id3 tags since the iPod reads them. It changes the actual file names. So instead of having "whole lot of love" in a folder titled "led Zeppelin" the song file will be something like "a3fg6" in the folder "7dr8j"

Idump will probably be your best option, especially if you have always been anal about hope you tag and label your songs.
>>
>>368261
I have no idea what you just said so I think you're confused.

I just dumped all of the music off of my iPod last week. The filenames and directories were all a mess. I opened mp3tag and it scanned all those files for their ID3 information--the correct track name, artist, etc. Then it renamed and reorganized all the files according to the ID3 information contained within. Now all of my music has its filename as the title and is organized into directories of albums and artists.

Yes, it does require all of the tag data to be correct. But that's also easy to fix in mp3tag before you run the Tag -> Filename operation.
>>
>>368258

Is that a 50 year old kid?
>>
Not your tech support, iFaggot.
>>
>>368262
If you have all the songs ripped off the iPod then you can just transfer them to your new mp3 player as long as the songs are in a compatible format.

If you're looking to back up the actual songs themselves then put them in a flash drive or external hard drive. I don't even keep my music library on the computers hdd, I keep it in an external and iTunes syncs it straight from there into the iPod.
>>
>>368265
Nigger all I'm doing is pointing out that this sentence:

>Although you can rip all the songs off the iPod itself but you'll have to go through and rename everything and make folders for each individual artist and album.

was absolutely wrong. "You" don't have to go through anything. This has nothing to do with what device the files ultimately go to anyway. It's just about how to reorganize an iPod dump if one wants to do that.
>>
Buy CopyTrans
>>
floola for windows
gtkpod for Linux
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.