[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RX480 - no signal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: furmark_000001.jpg (239KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
furmark_000001.jpg
239KB, 1920x1080px
Hi anon.
I have a problem... My graphics card (rx480) crashes (or something like that) and i get no signal.
First time I found it in a game and could not trigger it again. After that i found the way to trigger it with furmark - all I need to do is wait around 5 minutes in "burn-in test" and make screenshot, after that i'll get no signal. If i reboot my pc from the button on the case - everything looks like it's going okay - numlock light blinks, hard disk activity light blinks, yet there is no signal on display until i turn off pc completely.
I have 2 suspetct in this case - it's either GPU or PSU... or maybe i am wrong...
(Latest amd drivers installed, it 17.7.2 atm)
>>
>>368060
Do the temperatures spike before the blackscreen?
Furmark says you are running 2 GPUs. Are you running two GPUs? If yes, have you tried either one of them alone?
>>
Second GPU is intel 4000... I can't tell if temp spikes when it in no signal state, but fans get really loud
>>
>>368064
also i am being stupid - before there is no spikes, it consistently at 70-74
>>
If it was a power supply issue, your PC should turn off completely for a few seconds. If you just lose signal and the fans start spinning, it usually means the graphics card panicked.
Your temperatures are perfectly fine, so might be some issue on the power delivery on the card itself. Not sure thought, there are lots of problems a card can have.

If you still have warranty, I'd recommend you send it in for repair.
If you can get your hands on another midrange card and try if the problem persists, that would be even better and more convincing, since testing furmark on an iGPU will probably not show any problems at all, even if there is something wrong with the board or psu instead of the GPU.
>>
>>368068
>If it was a power supply issue, your PC should turn off completely for a few seconds
I hope you're not suggesting that the only possible way a PSU can fail is by the overcurrent protection activating.

Say the GPU is the only device connected to 12V2, and 12V2 is broken and sags or cuts out, will the PSU do anything? Will any other part of the PC do anything?
>>
>>368079
I never said that. But consistent blackscreens after 5 minutes sound very unlikely for any other PSU issues. At least from my limited experience, I'd expect a more erratic/inconsistent error if it was a faulty rail, not something you can reproduce within the same short timeframe. I only have anecdotal evidence for this of course, so you could be completely right.

Which is why I suggested that testing with another GPU in the same range would be even more convincing, even though I am fairly certain it is the GPU.
>>
>>368060
If it doesn't break unless/until you take a screenshot that means it's a software problem.
>>
>>368094
I don't think so, as I said already - it once crashed in the game with the same symptoms and it doesn't crash with every screenshot, it crashes only if I take a screenshot after some time during the test, usually around 5 minutes, I tried it 3 times already and it crashes every time
>>
>>368102
Again, if it crashes every time you do X then take a screenshot, and doesn't crash when you don't take a screenshot, it's a software problem.

The card doesn't do anything to take a screenshot. The card doesn't even know it's taking a screenshot.
>>
>>368060
I've been dealing with something similar anon, after playing about an hour or so of a game or something when I exit or achieve victory in a level and it tries to go to the next screen it makes a buzz for a half a second then no input on monitor.. keyboard works,mouse is on music is still coming out of speakers etc. Gotta be something with the graphics card

I'm currently thinking it might have something to do with my playing games on Windowed(Fullscreen) mode. I tried switching it to Fullscreen and it hasn't happened to me again yet . (And I experienced this easily 10+ times prior)

I also found one of my power strips that one of my monitors was plugged into was missing the grounding prong(wierd dildo prong below the other 2) ..idk maybe my one monitor was sending weird electric signals to the gpu and it freaked out and shut itself off?

Best of luck anon
>>
File: blackscreen.png (74KB, 751x647px) Image search: [Google]
blackscreen.png
74KB, 751x647px
Well... looks like I'm not the only one with (kind of) same problem... So... it is GPU then... at least it looks like it (even though my temp is not nearly as high) and I can't find any solutions to this...
Though I'd like to make a few additions to my original post:
First one would be - performed in furmark... I searched a bit and found out that it's supposed to be around 70 fps... not 50-55 like in my case...
2nd - Manufacturer of video card is Powercolor (it is RX480 Red Devil. Also - screenshot is from a red devil owners site)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.