[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to enable file sharing between my laptop and desktop,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: Fuck, Man.gif (500KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck, Man.gif
500KB, 500x375px
I want to enable file sharing between my laptop and desktop, both running some form of ubuntu. I rarely have them both on at the same time, but I save random images to both. And I don't wanna be limited by my image choice just because I'm using one or the other. They're both connected wirelessly to my family's Internet router, but I believe I can easily connect them with an ethernet cable if I want to. My plan right now is, every so often, turn them both on at the same time and update my image folders so they're the same.

Should I connect them via ethernet or wirelessly, or is there a better method I can try out?
>>
>>367676
If i understand you right you just want to sync two folders from different computers
You should just be able to connect them with an Ethernet cable (crossover or a patch cable) if you want fast speeds, as long as they're relatively new machines and the Ubuntu install isn't from 2011 then it should just work out of the box. You could easily enable network sharing and sync those folders if you wanted to use WiFi.
Use rsync with the archive option to sync the folders without needing to copy all the images over, only the unsynced images
>>
>>367685
>as long as they're relatively new machines and the Ubuntu install isn't from 2011
They aren't new and it might be from 2011? (Desktop is 12.04 LTS and Laptop is 16.04)
I'm starting to thik Wi-Fi is my best chance atm.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.