[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laptop overheats way too much when playing vidya

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: speccy.png (63KB, 658x520px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
63KB, 658x520px
Even when running ~15 year old games my laptop overheats way too much. I can't access the fans, so I can't clean it with compressed air like many websites suggest, but I do have laptop service clean them every couple of months or so (seems too soon to do it again though). Some sites suggest reducing maximum power state in control panel can help, is that true? If so, how low can I go with it?

Any tips would be highly appreciated. Pic related are my specs, though it's not running any games at the moment.

>inb4 laptop gaming
I know it sucks, but I currently have no other option for playing vidya.
>>
>>366511
Stop being such a poof, open it up, and clean the radiators properly.

Google "<your laptop> service manual", and follow the instructions to expose the fans. Then unless you have thermal pads and thermal compound, just take the tops off the fan ducts, clean the radiators from the back, get all the shit in the duct with a q-tip, and reassemble.

New TIM will help, but unclogging your radiators is what will make the real difference.
>>
>>366511
Your rig is choked of dust. You probably keep it in your bed or bedside.

Anyway. Buy a pack of dry air canned spray bottles.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dry+air+computer+canned+bottle&t=hb&iar=images&iax=1&ia=images
These are non-flammable in the normal running heat levels of computer components.

The best would be if you can actually open the laptop bottom. If you can't, take out the battery and spray with the straw nozzle in the openings.
>>
>>366511
Your laptop is old and dirty, clean it yourself. Who the hell pays someone to clean their laptop?
Buy new thermal pads and paste, take off the heatsink and reaply paste, and dust the hell out of the laptop with canned air.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.