[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

COMPUTAH?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

I was going to post this on /g/, but the sticky lead me here.

My PC recently shit out on me. Where can I find NEW, yet reasonably priced, computers? Every single thing that I've found on Amazon is refurbished and poorly reviewed.

The problem with my old one is that I can't get past the boot menu. It says to reinstall, but it won't allow it and it won't boot from the installation disc. The error says that winload.exe is missing or corrupt. I've tried everything I've found on forums to remedy the situation, but nothing has worked. So, yeah...If you know how to fix that old piece of shit or know where I can get a new one that would be swell.
>>
Build one yourself
>>
>won't boot from the installation disc. The error says that winload.exe is missing or corrupt
you may have to change the boot order in the bios menu
but an error like that shouldn't cause any problems with booting from a disk
even if it is completely fucked you can always just format the hard disk (thus losing all the data you have on it) and reinstall after it's blanked. it's a waste to buy a new computer unless you actually need/want a hardware upgrade
>>
File: WinXP-entry-points-to-Win71.png (6KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
WinXP-entry-points-to-Win71.png
6KB, 1024x768px
>>366382

How do I get to the bios menu? This is the only screen that shows up. I can't get past it.
>>
>>366383
even before that screen shows up, while the computer is booting
if you have an ssd it might be too fast to see it. usually you access bios by pressing f10 or f12 or del or something while the computer is booting
if you don't want to trial-and-error for it you can just google your computer model + "access bios" and probably find the answer
>>
>>366384
Alright, I'll keep messing with it.
>>
This may help
http://www.fonerbooks.com/ide_hd.htm
http://www.fonerbooks.com/poster.pdf

The first step is to enter BIOS/UEFI and see if the hard disk is present. Some BIOS even have programs for testing the disks.
>>
>>366407
I actually got it working. Now it's not reading my linksys usb. Not installing properly. Figure this stupid thing out and I've just saved about 500 dollars.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.