[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone give me some good anime, manga or light novel with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

Can anyone give me some good anime, manga or light novel with paramilitary or military, war and politics taking center stage?
>>
File: 1454336047328.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1454336047328.png
14KB, 500x500px
>>366298
Youjo Senki seems to be mainly about war and politics, but the content usually focuses on the main character's communication and efforts rather than the war itself.
I do think the manga in this case has much better appeal, however, the first season of the anime is already done, while the manga is still being updated.

Code Geass's story is similar, albeit, rather than communication it focuses on the MC's triumphs and strategies through his battle against his nation.

Err... there are others buuuuuttt... I'm going to sleep, anyone else have more?
>>
Mobile Suit Gundam (79)
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
>>
>>366298
A decent amount of the historical stuff Hox has scanlated fits.
>>
Legend of the Galactic Heros
>>
>>366474
This. If you really and truly like political intrigue and military campaigns then no anime is better for it than LoGH.
>>
>>366474
>>366581
I agree. However it's not about for example communism vs capitalism per se prevailing in our World, but huge space battlefronts, and then assassinations and terrorism.

From a historical context LoGH is more like an unrest between multiple parties, like it was in feudal Japan during warring states (and before that).
>>
File: 1499966580623.jpg (54KB, 720x647px) Image search: [Google]
1499966580623.jpg
54KB, 720x647px
>>366298
Imperial Guards is a great manga about Not Japan trying to fend of an invasion from Not Russia.

Area 88's OVA is all about a paramilitary group with some lost love shenanigans here and there, the anime should be the same but I didnt watch it
>>
>>366298
Jietai GATE Manga, that is, Manga would develop (I hope) beyond JSDF recruitment advertisement.

Certainly the original setting is unreal. But if they do it right it could become something very enjoyable in this very particular sense.
>should it really happen, it won't appear as an anime adaptation.
>>
>>366604
>Area 88
Good choice. About the only one where the concept of PMC industry takes the main role in the show.

Groundless is another good manga about militia.
>>
>>366298
Schwarzesmarken

My fav
>>
>>366298
Do you want a combination of Military+War+Politics at once, or just one of them suffice? Here's what I've read that are in top of my mind:

>Anime
Ghost in The Shell
Last Exile
Wings of Honneamise
The Cockpit
Jin-Roh
Hyouge Mono
Drifters
Arslan Senki

>Manga
Historie
Vinland Saga
Joan
Alexandros
Kougoku no Shugosha
Gunka no Baltzar
Shoukoku no Altair
Heureka
Zipang
Wolfsmund
Guns and Stamps
>>
Oh also the gundam series. Maybe Wing and 00 for your entry point.
>>
File: 061.jpg (248KB, 1378x1000px) Image search: [Google]
061.jpg
248KB, 1378x1000px
Manga-
Kimi Shi ni Tamou Koto Nakare
(Thou Shalt Not Die)

From the moon head Yoko Taro
It's fucking brutal
>>
>>366298
How about Jormungand?
It's about arms dealers, and they participate in a shitload of war-ish scenarios.
It's also extremely fun to watch despite the brutal/sad/serious storyline.
And it has a top notch soundtrack, in both atmospheric...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4SXDj2rIfk

...and adrenalin department:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDP7p2O5NlM
Read "Release that witch" for politics. CN novel, modern person with modern engineer/history knowledge taking control of a medieval fantasy world. Lots of intrigue and development.
>>
>>366298
I'd say shinsekai yori
>>
>>366903
Just start at the original
>>
Code Geass
Ghost in the shell: Stand alone complex
>>
File: vpg7yg[1].jpg (26KB, 648x480px) Image search: [Google]
vpg7yg[1].jpg
26KB, 648x480px
>>366298
LEGEND
OF
THE
GALACTIC
HEROES
>>
>>366945
he did nothing wrong
>>
Amaama to Boku no Aquarion trilogy.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.