[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help using GIMP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: template.png (47KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
template.png
47KB, 1400x1000px
I'm trying to make my own version of pic related, but I'm not familiar with image editing. The problem is my images always go over the taped parts, I think I'm messing up the layers or something. Any help would be appreciated
>>
>>366165
The tape is transparent, it really shouldn't matter.
>>
>>366165
Just to be clear: you do use the template as the top layer, yes?
>>
>>366165
Why learn anything when you can be a lazy piece of shit and let a site do it for you?
http://myanimeharem.net
>>
File: Example.png (192KB, 1161x426px) Image search: [Google]
Example.png
192KB, 1161x426px
>>366165
You can drag the layers up and down to reorder them. At first I thought you'd have to make the frames transparent yourself, which is a little tricky. But the creator has already made the frames transparent and tape translucent, so all you have to do is make sure your images are behind the background. See pic. The image behind the template is properly displayed, while the image in front goes over the borders.
>>
>>366177
>>366180
No, I was thought it was supposed to be the bottom since I would be placing pictures over it. Thanks for clarifying! I'm still new to this, it's fun though. Sorting them is also good, it'll help with finding any images that don't fit and need resizing. Thank you both!

>>366179
I'm trying to be a better person for her. I've been getting out of my comfort zone trying to learn things, thought this would be a neat project to help stick with it. Thanks for the link, but I at least want to try things for myself before taking shortcuts. It feels more special that way knowing I made it myself.
>>
>>366189
ganbatte anon
>>
File: weebey.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
weebey.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>366189
>unironic waifuing
I made a mistake helping you.
>>
>>366189
Since you're a fellow waifufag trying to be a better person for your beloved, I'm gonna help you with an advice.
Uninstall gimp and download photoshop.

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/10393476/Adobe_Photoshop_CC_2014_(64_bit)_(Crack)_[ChingLiu]
>>
>>366238
>dude piracy lmao
How about you fuck off. Really, why would you push pirated software when the free alternative already satisfies OP? It'd make sense if you were an Adobe shill trying to get him to buy buy it, but you're not... just, lol.
>>
>>366280
I'm trying to help him, gimp is complete horse shit, you have to struggle to figure basic things.
Anyway there are better free alternatives like krita or paint.net.
>>
>>366238
>>366480
OP here, thanks for the advice. I actually did find GIMP confusing, and the tutorials always assumed I had prior knowledge of using these programs. Thank you for the help, I hope you and your loved one have a good weekend!

>>366280
Please don't speak on my behalf, this isn't really the thread to discuss that.
>>
>>366165
Just use paint.net lmao.
Set the template as the first layer while the images on the second.
>>
>>366616
Please don't tell me where the fuck to express my own opinion.
>>
>>366899
>My own opinion
>Previous post about posting opinion for OP

kek
>>
>>366875
The image resizing would be terrible though because the selected image would maintain for the rest of the layers causing some accidental cuts and awkwardly morph images.
>>
File: Do It For Best Girl.png (950KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Do It For Best Girl.png
950KB, 1400x1000px
>>
>>367264
Then maybe it was bad phrasing. Point is, GIMP works fine for what he needs. The real problem was trying to call out and disrespect someone who actually helped him in the thread, when he has no experience with GIMP or Photoshop.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.