[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a virus and could use some help removing it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1501090496477.png (831KB, 1280x1381px) Image search: [Google]
1501090496477.png
831KB, 1280x1381px
It's a COM surrogate virus. Just a heads up, I'm a poor fag and am using Windows 10 and don't really know what I'm doing.
Tried follow this guide on YouTube but got stuck on the 2nd to last step. This is the guide in question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xofwVZw5nU [Open]

Got stuck at the :50 Mark
>>
>>365761
If you installed a cracked copy of Windows 10 LMAO@U
>>
>>365761
It really sounds like a spiked non legit (cracked) win, caught in some selected torrential cesspool. How lucky you feel?

Install some linux like some ubuntu and surf with it around there to confirm that you got the right one. You can't do that without linux (safe surfing) you know.

Never surf with win, ok? Just play with it, games and shit.
>>
>>365761
Did you install a pre-activated version of Windows?
>>
>>365768
>>365795
it's a legit copy of windows
>>
>>365777
And yes, you're right, I picked up the virus at a torrent site. The wort part is that when I got to malwarebytes to try and download the free 30 day copy (cuz I heard that works) it wont even load the page. because the virus knows what I'm doing and stops it.
Just kill me, at this point. I need to figure out how to take the virus off manually or somehow get a copy of malwarebytes onto this computer through another computer; I might ask my brother to download malwarbytes then copy it onto a flashdrive, then get it on this one.

If any of that is a shit idea just tell me, I really need to fix this computer asap
>>
>>365768
>>365777

There seems to be some confusion, I already had a good copy of Windows 10, I then went to a torrent site to download fuckmyshitup.exe, I unknowingly downloaded something far worse and now I'm trying to get rid of it.

I'm positive it's a COM surrogate because my computer is showing all the symptoms of the virus
>>
>>365761
It's not a virus. Rename the file and try opening any image on your pc or Properties window of any file. It'll fail.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.