[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No more display

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (654KB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
654KB, 4096x2304px
My friend called me hoping I could help with his problem, so far the things I told him to try didn't help at all. Here's the problem; he changed he GPU from a GTX 1050 to a 1060, after changing there was no more display. Then he tried with the 1050 but same thing, no display. He also tried without GPU but no display either. I don't know if his motherboard has integrated graphics.
Here are his specs:
Motherboard MSI B250 M3
i5 6600K
16GB RAM DDR4 (4GBx4)
GTX 1050/1060 3GB
PSU 650W 80 +gold
>>
>>365742
Not to be a dick, but every card he's installed hasn't worked, so he must be somehow fucking up the process of inserting tab A into slot B.
>>
>>365742
Is he using HDMI or DVI?
>>
>>365746
I thought that too. The weird thing is none of the GPUs now will work now, he tried to put them on the other PCI slot and still nothing. It would be a pretty shitty luck that both of the the GPUs somehow stopped working at the same time, I doubt that's it. I'm suspecting his motherboard first and PSU second, but since I can't check myself directly I have no way to be sure. He also want to try reseting the motherboard but somehow there's no jumper on it.

>>365748
He uses DVI, he tried with HDMI and still no display.

All the solutions I found on google involve going into the BIOS or changing stuff in the device manager, without display this is problematic.
>>
>>365753
> All the solutions I found on google involve going into the BIOS or changing stuff in the device manager, without display this is problematic.

Would taking out the motherboards battery help? It would reset bios settings. I remember I had to use a VGA to HDMI to view my brothers bios settings. His graphics card came with the adapter. At first I thought I fucked up his ram or something. He was freaking out. However I think his PC did work with DVI. But I think I disabled his onboard graphics though.
>>
>>365753
Well, if every time he inserts a card he does it wrong, then of course every card he inserts won't work.

Though it is, as you say, far more likely he fucked something unrelated up and now isn't thinking logically because he's fixated on it being the GPU.
>>
>>365758
He already tried taking out the battery earlier, didn't work either unfortunately. He doesn't have a VGA to HDMI but has a DVI to HDMI, I'll tell him to try that.

>>365763
He could have inserted it wrong the first time but I doubt he inserted them wrong every other time, he mounts and dismounts at his work, he could have done one mistake, several I doubt.
He's starting to think that the motherboard may have shat itself, which is highly possible imo, he'll probably buy another soon. Still this is a weird problem. When I changed my GPU I had an issue too, my pc couldn't detect either on of the cards after I switched them. But I had display on thanks to the integrated graphics. The solution was to update a bunch of drivers from the device manager. It could also be the solution to his problem but then again, without display it's problematic.
>>
>>365769
>he mounts and dismounts at his work
Meant to write he mounts and dismounts PCs at his work
>>
Are you sure he is not accidently plugging his display into the motherboard when a graphics card was present during his upgrade process? When does the display say there is no signal? Does the PC POST at all (BIOS/logo flash)? Even if there is a driver issue the display should only disconnect after the computer has entered Windows.
>>
OP here, case closed, his motherboard is dead. He must've fucked something up while changing the GPU or maybe it was static discharge, I don't have the "why" yet.
Anyway thank you anons for your answers.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.