[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Issues with math

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1493468180907.jpg (104KB, 720x447px) Image search: [Google]
1493468180907.jpg
104KB, 720x447px
Hello, i am a 20ish male that has an issue with mathematics such as:
>precentages
>trigonometry
>equations(x=5)& functions

how to learn these things, they are especially relevant now as i have signed to an university of applied sciences as a computer engineering and me being stupid is not helping

thanks in advance.

>pic related in my situation
>>
>>365445
Why would you study that if you dont like maths?
>>
>>365445
Khan Academy lessons were my saviour when I quit the Military and went to school again at a ripe age of 26. Seriously the topics were not the issue but how to re-learn to think on my own again. It was a different kind of initiative. My body had never hurted that much like my head did back then. But you can do it and fuck off everyone else.
>>
>>365445
A comprehensive trigonometry book. Download it for the convenience. Starts from the basics including how to use a generic scientific calculator with it. Download it for the convenience.
http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/IGlosm6i/file.html
>>
>>365445
Ordered:

>percentages
A fancy way to express 1/100. If you have problems with fractions, you need to start here.

>equations
Basic algebra, simplifying expressions, solving for a determined variable etc, that's the next thing.

One helpful hint is to imagine a balanced scale. If you add the same weight to both sides (not necessarily the same things) the scales are still in balance, etc. This means that performing the same operation on both sides of an equation gives a new equation: You may add a value to both sides, subtract a value, multiply by a value, etc. Just keep in mind to not divide by 0.

This can also be written as:
If A=B and C=D then A+C = B+D and AC = BD.

>functions
start with the linear functions f(x) = ax, f(x) = ax + b, and add more and more complex functions.

>trigonometry
should be the last thing on your list.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.