[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wifi repeater

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: TL-WA850RE3_1479969255340o.jpg (23KB, 590x443px) Image search: [Google]
TL-WA850RE3_1479969255340o.jpg
23KB, 590x443px
Need help with making the tp-link tl-wa850re work.
The problem is that when i configure it using the WPS option i get internet access on phones no problem but it doesn't work on neither of the 2 laptops (win 10 and 7) it says the WiFi has limited access and websites wont load. When i use the "manual" way to configure it it doesn't work on anything.
I tried turning DHCP off, it wont even let connect to the WiFi
With DHCP on and using google DNS servers it shows that i have internet access but the sites will time out
I'm no hacker so don't make it too complicated and to give more information i do not have the password for the router so i can't access any info from it

From my "investigation" I gathered that i would need to call my ISP so they can give me the DNS servers address is that right?
>>
>>364435
No that's not right.

Networking can be thought of as a series of layers, kinda like this

< your apps >
< your OS >
< DNS, HTTP, FTP, BitTorrent, etc.>
< TCP, UDP, DHCP>
< IP >
< Ethernet, Wifi, etc. >

Your range extender operates at the very lowest layer, so when your phones, laptops etc. make any request, it just passes it to the main router. So they get their IP address and DNS settings from the main router's DHCP server, and when they make a DNS query, it gets passed straight to the main router.

First thing to try with your extender is factory resetting it. If it stuck doesn't work, there's not a lot you can do without access to the main router.
>>
>>364441
Factory resets did nothing
What do I need from the router to make it work?
Maybe my isp will tell me.
>>
I don't really get it but I think I had a similar issue the other day.
I turned my router off and reset the repeater.
Then I connected to the repeater.
The manual told me to go to my default ip adress in the browser and there I could configurate the router and then it worked.
>>
>>364465
Why can't you get into your router?

You just need to set your router so the repeater can connect to it, i.e. compatible wifi standard, compatible encryption standard, not blocking the repeater's MAC through a whitelist or blacklist.
>>
>>364476
I can't access it because the router is not really ours it belongs to the ISP and part of the contract says that the internet and router are only for private use so they put a password on so that you can't change anything to make a hotspot in a cafe or some shit(I don't know why, it's really stupid)
The thing that doesn't make sense for me is that if I do it one way it works fine on phones only
>>
>>364487
Then they probably have something to stop you connecting to it another more capable router, which is what your range extender will look like.

You're probably SOL, unless you're prepared to move to an ISP that doesn't treat you like a child.
>>
Turns out that this anon >>364471 was right (fuck me, so much time wasted)
Restarting my router and then using the WPS worked the only problem I have now is that i have to turn the router WiFi off to be able to get into the options for the extender because it changes IP and i cant check the router for the new IP
>>
>>364596
Just use "Advanced IP Scanner" to find it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.