[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animes like Kill Six Billion Demons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 11

File: ksbdbus.jpg (704KB, 850x1099px) Image search: [Google]
ksbdbus.jpg
704KB, 850x1099px
What are some chinese cartoons similar to to this webcomic (or Weird Fiction in general)? I haven't watched much anime since 2013, so I'm not familar with any shows made since then (but would be happy to hear of any good ones). A couple of my favorites are NGE and Shin Sekai Yori.
>>
File: thumb-1920-781287.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-1920-781287.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
>>364337
Holy shit, I love this comic. Reminds me a lot of Morrowind, Planescape and Eva which are all among my favorite works of art.

I'd recommend you Angel's Egg, an anime by the director of Ghost in the Shell. This one is a lot more surreal though and mixes religious and sci-fi elements.
>>
You should also read the comic book which inspired the creator of KSBD - Vampire Requiem Chevalier. It's a really over the top comic book which takes place in Hell and has some really detailed and beautiful art (it's painted and not just contours filled with color).
>>
File: Shell.jpg (83KB, 528x448px) Image search: [Google]
Shell.jpg
83KB, 528x448px
Nausicaa is a bit more similar to Morrowind itself. It's a post-apocalyptic world but has more of a fantasy vibe to it since civilazation regressed to a medievel level with some more industrial empires. The world is covered in a toxic jungle with huge insects of which some of something similar to psychic powers.
>>
File: 18949l.jpg (72KB, 461x312px) Image search: [Google]
18949l.jpg
72KB, 461x312px
A Feather Stare at the Dark is a short anime all done via charcoal animation. It's done very much in a vein of stream of conciousness. There is no text or voice but the character seems to be traveling in some world of gods, angels and other entities which shape reality in different ways.
>>
>>364337
Thanks for the comic. Looks like something classic Heavy Metal magazine would have published.

You could take a look at Mardock Scramble. Those are three movies, having a GitS feel but different. Pic and link related.
https://9anime.to/search?keyword=mardock

A fine art webcomic would be Stand Still Stay Silent. So far 770 pages of pretty solid work.
http://www.sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=1
>>
File: Vermicelli.jpg (1MB, 1600x1517px) Image search: [Google]
Vermicelli.jpg
1MB, 1600x1517px
>>364377
>Thanks for the comic. Looks like something classic Heavy Metal magazine would have published.
It's because it's heavily inspired by on of them:
>>364372
>>
File: EnMushroomClone.jpg (322KB, 662x795px) Image search: [Google]
EnMushroomClone.jpg
322KB, 662x795px
Dorohedoro is a manga with a really weird setting. The world is divided into three planes, one of mortals, sorcerers. The main guy is a person who's been been tranformed into a lizardman and has a face inside his throat which is supposed to recognize the person who did this to him. There's also just lots of weird types of magic like turning things into mushrooms or baking copies of people. Among the cast everyone wears weird masks and there's a giant baseball playing cockroach. The mages also fight amongst each other and form gangs which gives the whole thing a very tarantino-esque vibe.
>>
>>364337
The Shin Megami Tensei series started out like this, then mellowed out.
>>
>>364337
>Kill Six Billion Demons
Anything aimed at chuunibyou I guess.
>Shin Sekai Yori
Isekai is all the rage these days because of SAO. Maybe Hoshi o Ou Kodomo as well.
>>
File: damaged goods.jpg (129KB, 661x1000px) Image search: [Google]
damaged goods.jpg
129KB, 661x1000px
>>364337
If you are happy with just manga, then the Battle Angel Alita will fill the gap. The depth of the story, character development, settings, architecture, scenery, etc is an outstanding marvel of art and craft.

Hollywood will probably soon rape this one too, to make a quick buck. Pic related.
>>
>>364526
>Anything aimed at chuunibyou I guess.
I don't think you understand the appeal of KSBD at all. It could not even have a character from our world. That's just a way to ease us into the awesome setting.
>>364526
>Isekai is all the rage these days because of SAO.
Shin Sekai Yori isn't even isekai.
>>364526
>Maybe Hoshi o Ou Kodomo as well.
This would fit though.
>>
No one has mentioned Tsutomu Nihei, the Architect? Dear God, here:
https://myanimelist.net/people/2000/Tsutomu_Nihei
His works are Absolutely worth exploring.
>>
>>364549
Gunnm fell apart after the roller derby arc.
>>
>>364569
Please.

The whole idea of motorball game is to create heroes for the Scrapyard masses. The audience will feel the heroes more, if there is the factor of reality drama involved.

IRL, MTV """music television""" has ditched actual music broadcast because the reality drama brings in more advertisement income.

You didn't catch that?
>>
>>364577
He said "after" not "because of it".
>>
File: SOT32-33.jpg (5MB, 2500x1932px) Image search: [Google]
SOT32-33.jpg
5MB, 2500x1932px
>>364371
OP here, surprised to see so many replies. I will check yours out, it sounds like something I would enjoy
>>364372
I'm actually studying French, so this could be an enjoyable way to practice.

I will check out everyone else's recommendations as well. Thanks to all.
>>
File: Dragon's-Heaven-2.jpg (225KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon's-Heaven-2.jpg
225KB, 800x600px
>>364814
Hope you enjoy them.

Sorry for flooding you with all those recs (it's just I rarely see people who are fans of KSBD) but I'd also recommend Dragon's Heaven. The story is rather siple and short but the story and aesthetic is really cool. It's a moebius-inspired, post-apocalyptic setting with lots of cool insect-like mecha designs. Try to get the DVD torrentbecause as you can see on pic related the laserdisc isn't of the best quality.
>>
>>364814
>>364932
Also just wondering. Do you know of anything yourself that's similar to KSBD? Can be anything: comics, games, cartoons etc.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.