[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC parts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

Buying a gaming PC mainly for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds but many other games. Is this going to be enough and/or am i going overkill?
>>
The only thing that is definitely overkill (for gaming) is the ram. You will be fine with 8. If you needed to save anywhere and still have a decent gaming pc is to get 8 GB of ram instead of 16 and you could get a cheaper CPU and motherboard.

That GPU price seems a bit high doesn't it?. I guess that's a good version 1060 because I've been considering upgrading and I get one from Microcenter for like $250. That might just be Microcenter though. Not sure since I only buy my shit from there.
>>
>>362854
Get 8GB RAM
Buy another SSD
>>
>>362861
SDDs are pricey as hell man
Was gonna go 8gb ram but i plan on having lots of shit running in the background and 8 seemed like just a tad too small
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 749x901px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 749x901px
>>362857
The problem isn't that it's 16GB. The problem is that it's $200 for 16GB.

They're all the same chips from the same factory.
>>
>>362863
What site is this and im purchasing in aus, prices are high
>>
>>362854
7600K is less than $50 more. You'd need a Z270 board to overclock it, but even if you don't it's 10% faster, and 10% more for $50 is a damn good deal at the high end.
>>
>>362864
PCPartPicker, and that's infomation you probably should have mentioned in OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 750x888px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 750x888px
>>362854
>>362864
It has an Australian edition too. Build your PC in it, and it'll find you the cheapest suppliers for each part, and tell you how far you've overspecced your power supply.
>>
File: ram.png (212KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ram.png
212KB, 1920x1080px
>>362863

You definitely have a point, I'm just trying to help him save money if he wants to. Not sure what all he plans on running with that RAM but look at my pic. I've got 16 GB ram and I have a SNES emulator, a video encoding right now, copying a file from one drive to another, am about to burn a dvd and I got four tabs open in Chrome and could be downloading shit also.

Even a couple VM's wouldn't bring my shit past 8 GB I don't think. I still love having 16 GB of ram but sometimes think shit, I could have spend that money onother part since half my ram is always unused.
>>
>>362872
You shouldn't be looking at the physical usage bar. Physical usage omits clean pages, i.e. pages that are backed by a file or by a swap page that's already written. Your "wasted" RAM certainly is doing something, it's just not included in the "memory usage" figure because it can be wiped and repurposed at any time.

My laptop runs Windows 7, so Task Manager is not exactly the same, but it's currently doing nothing and has 16GB total, 12888MB "Available", and 148MB "Free".

There's a direct relationship between available RAM and the perception of performance, because available RAM is used to avoid pausing for costly disk accesses. Having 4GB available instead of 12GB available would have a significant impact on the user experience: the extra delays paging in files and swap pages soon add up.
>>
>>362854
You can't just download W10?
>>
>>362884
Yeah will be torrenting it forget that $150 is even there
>>
You don't need 16GB of ram for playing games, save the money and spend it on getting a 6Gb 1060, they preform much better and will last a fuckton longer in terms of future-proof. New games like pubg need that extra VRAM. Also that PSU is Massively overkill get a 650W instead.
>>
File: whatevs.png (58KB, 1170x602px) Image search: [Google]
whatevs.png
58KB, 1170x602px
>>362900
>that PSU is Massively overkill get a 650W instead.
Or even a 350W, but whatevs.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.