[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JoJo pretty much spoiled me in terms of action anime. I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

JoJo pretty much spoiled me in terms of action anime. I can't find enjoyment in those anymore unless they're as stylish, over the top, funny, and creative as JoJo is.

I tried some anime that people generally recommend as "similar to JoJo" but none of them clicked with me.

- I tried Gurren Lagann, but the action was super lackluster.
- I tried Hokuto no Ken, but it was boring because it seemed like JoJo, minus all the humor and charm (and yes, I know it's a completely ass-backwards comparison since HnK was first, but fuck it, you get the point).
- I tried Kill La Kill, but the weirdly bad, budget animation turned me right the fuck off.
- I tried HxH, but it was just another generic shonen.

Basically the only action show that managed to entertain me since I watched JoJo was New Getter Robo because it was pretty much equal to JoJo in terms of over the top stupidity and constant, unstoppable hype.

Seriously, where do I go from there? What do I watch? Help me guise.
>>
>>362514
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
>>
>- I tried HxH, but it was just another generic shonen.

It isn't.
>>
>>362528
What makes it not generic, then? From the first few episodes I watched it seemed as generic as a shonen can get.
>>
>>362514
this exact thread has been posted before.
>>
>>362534
I know. I was its author. The only suggestion I got back then that I haven't seen, though, was Nanatsu no Taizai, which turned out to be a generic shonen like any other.
>>
>>362530
Watch more then.

>From the first few episodes I watched it seemed as generic as a shonen can get.
You can say the same with Jojo.
>>
Have you watched Baccano?
>>
>>362536
>You can say the same with Jojo.
No? It starts off as a Gothic drama, with soap opera level cheesiness to it, about a rivalry of two step brothers over the fortune of their father. Hardly generic if you ask me.
>>
>>362537
Yes, I have. I liked it, but I wouldn't really compare it to JoJo. Completely different tone and pacing. Not to mention, almost no humor.
>>
Amaama to Inazuma.
>>
>>362569
Are you the same guy who first kept recommending Love Live and then the Aquarion trilogy under every anime request?
>>
Any other suggestions?
>>
>>362514
How do you find the action in Kill la Kill and TTGL lackluster when it actually animates its fights while JoJo is only still shots and exposition.
>>
>>362514
> I'm a tasteless brat please spoil me further
Watch The Guyver and then neck yourself.
>>
>>363037
>Watch The Guyver
The old one or the new one?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.