[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windows 10 sucks my cock and i cant fix this shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1497384521636.jpg (87KB, 677x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497384521636.jpg
87KB, 677x960px
Hey guys im having trouble with my PC.
Im not a very tech savvy guy myself, and ive tried googling fixes for this that simply dont work.
I even COMPLETELY hard reset my computer and i STILL get this simple unfixable problem and its brought me to my wits end.

ALL I WANT is the ability to delete or move around my files, when i try to do so it says i need admin priveledges, (yes i checked my user account is the admin of the pc) and when i click continue i get denied and only get the option to 'try again' or 'cancel'.

This is my last ditch effort before im forced to spend money on the local PC shop to fix this simple shit anyone got any clue on how to solve this?
>>
whatever folder/file is giving you trouble take ownership of it. It's a bitch and a half but sometimes the issue.

Right click on the folder/file and go into the properties ---> security ---> start fucking with the ownership properties. Take off other names and make sure your accound is on there.

Give these tools a shot to maybe make it easier https://www.raymond.cc/blog/easily-take-ownership-and-grant-full-control-permission-with-winownership/
>>
>>362206

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3841-add-take-ownership-context-menu-windows-10-a.html

also go to that page and download their .reg file to add "take ownership" to your context menu. May also be the easiest way.
>>
Out of curiosity, might you be trying to move or change a folder or file you're actually not supposed to move or change? I find it hard to believe you're having this issue with everything on your hard drive.
>>
>>362209
It seems to only be a select few files that have this issue
>>
>>362206
Ive tried this doesnt work
>>
>>362210
Would they happen to be system files that you aren't supposed to fuck around with?
>>
>>362212
I have no fucking clue what you mean by this.
Its files within a game im trying to modify
>>
You plan on taking this to a repair ship and spend money instead of just giving us details?

Why are you withholding details?

This is beyond "not being tech savvy." You just plain don't have common sense.
>>
>>362215
Ive given you all the details i can.
I didnt even say im going to do that yet thats ehy i made this thread... did you read my whole post?
>>
>>362212
>>362213
Still there anon?
I dont know what you mean at all.
Im trying to delete a file within a game folder.
>>
>>362220

Disable you anti-virus or have it release the file faggot. its probably locking the file.
>>
>>362221
Will try this thank
>>
>>362221
This didnt work
>>
>>362220
That's not one of your files.

It belongs to TRUSTEDINSTALLER, which is why you're being asked if you want to override the file permissions.
>>
>>362225
I see, i know what that is because i tried to change ownership.
I guess i need to have some sort of command to type in developers console?
>>
>>362228
>>362225
Do i need a developer console command?
I heard that it can fix problems like this but i couldnt find any commands to use to fix this paticular problem
>>
K this is last bump before i leave, i already called the pc place up and they said they can fix it for 20 bucks.
If any of you are still around and can provide any last minute help and save me 20 dollars id appreciate it.
>>
>>362282

Did you try >>362207

I have the same issue sometimes. I think it comes from having HDDs that have been in several Windows builds and the permissions are all over the place.
>>
Try booting into safe mode and attempt to delete the file(s).
>>
What happened OP, did you fix it ? and how ?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.