[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

poll website question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1442663354567.jpg (147KB, 600x534px) Image search: [Google]
1442663354567.jpg
147KB, 600x534px
I'm looking for a website that would allow me to put together a long list of stuff, with 50-100 entries, let people vote on the entries and show top voted items, I need it to let me edit, remove and add new options to the list while it's live.

I want it to be up for months.
It'd be nice if it didn't require registration for all voters and at least tried to stop people for voting multiple times.

Do you know anything like this?
>>
>>361693
http://www.strawpoll.me/ let you to do most of those things, except that they have a 30 entries limit
>>
>>362129
they don't allow editing options once you publish the poll which is essential.
what i want to do is a voting system to do list, i will complete most voted items and need to remove them after complition and add new ones as i go
>>
>>361693
survey monkey
>>
>>362171
it seemed good but in free surveys the results reset after i edit a question.
is there something that'll do what i want for free?
>>
>>362161
>>362226
This seems to conceptually violate the idea of a poll. From what you're describing, you could make a poll like "Do you like anime" and then change it to "do you hate black peoole" while maintaining the appearance of valid results. So I don't think any survey tool would allow this as it compromises their system.
>>
>>362341
maybe then not edit but just remove and add options?
>>
>>362484
>remove
So you can hide the fact that 70% of voters chose an option you don't like.
>add
So you can act like an option is unpopular, by adding it after most people already voted.

Im not saying you would do this, but that just having the ability makes a poll system kinda worthless. So any site that wants to be considered reliable will forbid or at least limit survey-editing after votes.
>>
>>362499
He clearly wants something akin to an issue tracker: "from the following, what does everyone most want done?".

As new projects are thought of, they get added; as projects are completed they get removed.

There's no weird conspiracy to cheat at Internet opinion polls here.
>>
>>362531
Sure. Like I said, I'm not saying this OP wants to be dishonest. But I am saying why he probably will NOT find what he's asking for. Maybe we can figure out some alternative for OP, but he'd have to clarify what he's trying to do.
>>
>>362341
>This seems to conceptually violate the idea of a poll.
Thanks, I was going to say that earlier, but thought the better of it. A poll where the questions change is statistically meaningless.

However, if what you're trying to do is craft a poll that steers people to a particular response, then yeah, you might want the ability to change the questions midstream.

>>362531
>He clearly wants something akin to an issue tracker
Unless you are him, I don't think you can claim to know what OP wants with any degree of certainty.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.