[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

none

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: foxed.png (378KB, 517x519px) Image search: [Google]
foxed.png
378KB, 517x519px
so i am building a pc and want to know what i need to change in my build to make it all work and good for a beast gaming pc
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KRN8tJ
>>
So is this your current build or what you want?
What's your budget?
What games do you play?
Do you do other things like video editing, music making, 3d rendering?
>>
>>361107
this is a build i want i wanna be able to play almost anything
i would like to have a video editing software
>>
It's a mess but that's ok.

CPU: This should do it, no need to change

GPU: Now's not really a good time to be buying GPUs thanks to cryptofaggots but if you want to handle ANYTHING, a 1080ti is what you need.

RAM: The memory you've chosen is a bottleneck, you'll want faster memory and a minimum of 16gb

Motherboard: This is a budget model. It won't drastically affect performance as much as any other part but you'd probably be wanting an X370 instead of a B350.

Storage: Ditch the 2tb HDD for a 256gb SSD and consider an 8tb over that 10tb (it's better price/gb)

>paying for software
Don't do this

>discrete sound card/network adapter
You don't need these. A higher end mobo covers these already.

>1080p/60hz monitor
There's no point in building a kickass system if you're using one of these dinky things. It's a waste to have all that processing power if you only display at that resolution. Consider either a 1440p/144hz monitor or aiming for 1080p/60hz as the max, which is easily achieved at a mid end build.

At this point, I think you need to seriously consider your goals and budget.
>>
>>361164
thanks man i know someone could help and budget wont be a issue im saving money for it
>>
>>361164
im gonna redo it so just go through what you think i need
>>
what cpu cooler should i use?
>>
>>361175
Ryzen's stock coolers are pretty good, maybe they'd have a more difficult time with an 1800x but I'd stick with just the stock cooler and if you find you need something better, just buy it later on anyway.

As for what you need;
>CPU
1800x is fine
>GPU
1080ti if you want something right now and don't mind dropping a wad for it. If you want the best, look for the 11GB flavor, and pick whichever design you like
>Motherboard
This come to personal preference, but you want something with AM4 socket, X370 chipset, and probably an ATX form factor. Just sort by that and pick one you like
>RAM
This should do you. If you want LEDs or something, feel free to look at something different. Also be sure to make sure the mobo you choose supports the speed. Really though, I don't think you'd notice a difference between anything above 2600.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MYH48d/corsair-memory-cmk16gx4m2b3000c15
>Storage
I don't know your data habits, but you can always buy more storage later. Just to start though, I'd get an SSD for system stuff and a 4tb HDD for media and everything else. I can't pick one for you but just stick with WD/Seagate/Hitachi for reliability. I know there's tons of meming about seagates dying or hitachis being loud af but any of those three are a million times better than any other manufacturer. As for SSDs, stick with sandisk or samsung
>Case
Your choice. Just make sure it's ATX and also make sure it has room for your graphics card. First time I built a PC, I got a HUEG gpu and had to saw out part of the case for it to fit withput crimping the cables. If in doubt, ask before you buy.
>PSU
As long as you have 300 or more watts above what pcpartpicker says is your wattage, you should be fine. Obviously a platinum rating is better but you can be ok with bronze. I can't stress enough how important a fully modular psu is though. Cable management is going to be a PITA and this will save you an ulcer

Cont.
>>
>>361194
what video card do you suggest?
>>
>Monitor
This one is also personal pref as well as market dependent. I'd recommend just checking http://www.logicalincrements.com/monitors and picking one you like. Look for 144hz over a higher resolution. Trust me, you'll never want to go back to. Whatever you pick, just never get a TN panel.
>Keyboard
Personal pref. If you know nothing about them, just lurk /mkg/ on /g/. Stay away from gayman shit though.
>Mouse
Like keyboard, it's up to you. I can only tell you from personal experience that I prefer a razer deathadder chroma. Yes, it's overpriced cheaply made gayman shit, but it fits my hand perfectly and the texture is amazing. Expect the thing to fall apart within half a year, but I can't evem touch the nasty plastic of zowie mice. Just lurk mice threads on /g/ until someone shills one that catches your eye.
>Audio equipment
I couldn't help but notice you have a gayman headset. Do not ever buy these. If you want headphones, get real headphones (again, lurk /hpg/). If you need a mic, even a blue yeti is better. Or just get a cheap $1 mic off amazon and tape it to a pair of $20 chinkshit headphones, it'll sound better. If you want speakers though, that's a whole other tar baby. A $50 active Logitech system you can find in store at walmart may satisfy you, or you may want to go all out on audiophile surround sound 7.1 speakers with a $1000 reciever. I can't help you out here.

So aside from cheap miscellania like thermal paste or additional sata cables, hdmi cables, etc. this is all you need. Get your software from "alternative means" (just ask here when your parts arrive if you really can't figure it out on your own.)
>>
>>361200
Select 1080ti and sort by rating on pcpartpicker. I can't personally comment on every version of the card, but really any of them should handle whatever you throw at it, so the question comes to things like weight, size, no. of fans, reliability, etc. Some reviews for some cards mention thing like coil whine, so as long as you read the reviews, you can pick any one you'd like.
>>
Dont pay for windows. use that money somewhere else. Get a 500GB SSD as a boot drive. No idea why you need 10TB of storage, 8TBs are better value. If you're gonna spend 2K on a pc go with a 2x8 GB kit of ram, trust me 16GB is really nice to have. Turtle beach headsets suck buy a normal pair of headphones and a modmic. Dont get a soundcard unless you know you need it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.