[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with printer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 41XWZJGS4ML.jpg (19KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
41XWZJGS4ML.jpg
19KB, 500x430px
So I have a fairly old printer (it's an HP PSC 2175) and it's not working properly. It seems there's something impeding the cart from moving to the right, I have tried moving it by hand but it just goes to the left, then tries to move to the right and gets stuck.

In the past I had a problem with this same printer where the scanner was having trouble aligning itself, it made this noise https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKFZjCYpnjE so I opened it up, cleaned the glass and that fixed the problem.

But this time cleaning the glass didn't help. I think the problem has nothing to do with the scanner anyway, the cart is just not moving to the right. It makes a clicking noise instead.

Any ideas? I think the pinter is much too old to have it repaired, if I'm going to spend money on it I'd rather buy a cheap new one. However I'd very much prefer to fix this one instead of having to spend money. Pic is the same model printer.
>>
buy a cheap mono laser
(make sure it supports refilling or has cheap (compatible) toners)
home color printing is expensive anyway
>>
>>360815
>cheap (compatible) toners

Don't use compatibles if you want the printer to last more than a couple of toner cartridge lives.

You know that printer toner is copyrighted, right? That means that the toner in the "compatibles" is NOT THE SAME STUFF, and therefore does not behave the way it should in the developer unit. You usually find that the printer overtones and runs very dirty, not to mention there is far less lubrication in the compatible than the OEM toner and this leads to excessive wear on seals, bushings, and the drum. Using compatibles is a false economy.

inB4 corporate shill. I've been in this trade for years and I hate working on copiers/printers that use compatible toner for exactly the reasons above, and that the colors on the page are shit.
>>
>>360852
It's not copyrighted because it's not copyrightable.

It's not copyrightable because it's not a creative work fixed permanently in a medium.

Toner doesn't lubricate anything. If it did, there'd be toner on all the parts it was lubricating, and it would splash from there onto the page and ruin your print.

If you're that rustled about the drum (which, obviously, isn't lubricated either or it would come out on the print), just get an HP, and you get a new drum in every cartridge.
>>
>>360852
>lubrication
what the hell man? toner is dry fine dust
of course the drum might be an issue but most home mono lasers have their drum in the toner unit
>>
>>360856
>It's not copyrighted because it's not copyrightable.
>
>It's not copyrightable because it's not a creative work fixed permanently in a medium.
>
>Toner doesn't lubricate anything. If it did, there'd be toner on all the parts it was lubricating, and it would splash from there onto the page and ruin your print.

Well if you want to nit pick, the cartridge is patented and the software on the chip is copyrighted and you only get the OEM toner in the cartridge with the chip. There is definitely a difference in the compatible and OEM supplied toner.

The toner does contain lubricant, not liquid lubricant (obviously) but lubricant nonetheless

http://google.ch/patents/EP0594945A1?cl=en.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.