[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi guys, please help me with my homework topic is factoring.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

hi guys, please help me with my homework
topic is factoring.
>>
>>359774
simplify the numerator, [2/(1-a) + 2/(1+a)], into one fraction
do the same for the denominator
proceed from there
>>
File: 20170806_171910.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170806_171910.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>359777
And then? :(
>>
>>359780
Division is just inverse multiplication so it becomes [2/(1-a)^2] * [(1-a)^2/-2]
Everything then simplifies.
>>
>>359780
you can only add fractions with a common denominator
let's begin with the top sum, 2/(1-a) + 2/(1+a)
the common denominator is (1-a)(1+a), or (1-a^2)
both fractions will be converted to that denominator
>2/(1-a)
multiply top and bottom by (1+a)
= [2(1+a)] / [(1-a)(1+a)]
= (2+a)/(1-a^2)
can you convert the other term, 2/(1+a), to the common denominator of (1-a^2)?
>>
>>359780
Try that again... you know that if you multiply the denominator by something, you have to do it to the top too. On the top-top part you have

2+2a+2-2a

on the bottom-top part you have

2-2a-2-2a

and the denominators don't even matter, since they actually cancel out.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2048x1530px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2048x1530px
>>
>>359794
>not canceling out (1-a^2) as you multiply
wut r u doing
>>
>>359803
Fuck. You're right. Missed that
>>
>>359774
if you see that (1+a)(1-a) will be a common factor, you may also simply multiply nominator and denominator by this term and you obtain

(2(1+a) + 2(1-a) ) / (2(1-a) - 2(1+a)) = 4 / -4a = -1/a
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.