[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video Game Start Up In Need of Talent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Nintendo Controller.jpg (8KB, 293x212px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo Controller.jpg
8KB, 293x212px
I’ve had an idea burning in my mind for the past year: develop a SHTF game. Not talking about a Fallout clone, but a more realistic type SHTF game based in modern era America. Premise would be you are in a regular Anywhere, America setting when ”Pick a non-zombie-apocalypse trigger event” occurs, leading to your family & neighbors relying on you to keep them safe. It’s one part Oregon Trail, one part RTS, with action elements & management of real life issues like race, religion, culture, etc. Not going to divulge any more ideas related to the game at the moment, but I have tons more.
I’ve already got an LLC started up to manage the business side of things. My business model is make great games using inexpensive, readily available technology while keeping overhead costs low. This is also something I hope can bloom into a real business. I have ideas for other video games too.
Here’s my first problem: While I can take care of the business side of things I really need help programmers, artists, sound, & other areas. I suck with programming languages, I’m more of a writer than artist, & don’t have equipment for sound. My second problem is that I’m not rich. I’m just a guy trying to start a company with the hopes that one day I don’t have to work for my current employers 40+ hours a week making just enough to get by.
So here’s my proposal: If anyone is interested in going in with me on this venture, I can’t pay anything up front. But I will promise a portion of the profits based upon skill level & contribution. All work can be done from the comfort of your home. There would be regular meetings throughout the week to check on progress/ask for help/show off work/etc., but these meetings would take place online, so no need to worry about traveling. All of this can be drafted into a contract if you’d like.
If anyone is interested, let me know in this thread & I’ll be more than happy to talk with you more via email or Skype if you’d prefer.
>>
have you tried bringing this up in /agdg/?
>>>/vg/185159191
>>
No, wasn't aware that that's where these type of requests were made. I'll try there. Thanks.
>>
You should know that it is generally looked down when a person has an "idea" to have a video game but doesn't do the hard work, either the programming or the graphic development. That kind of person is sometimes called an "idea guy". There is no lack of them. Everybody on the internet has an idea on how to make a video game that may or may not be successful. You're not going to acquire a slave programmer that will make your dreams come true just by pitching an idea and rambling about business models or proactive management or overhead cost or any other mumbo jumbo. Either you make the game yourself or you offer a LOT of money to someone who is willing to take the job. I just want to warn you in advance, in case you find hostility in the /vg/ thread.
>>
>>359761
Happens with anything involving programming in general. "Hey I have an idea for a killer app, how about (x)". Instead of just calling them an idea guy which is probably insulting, I like to either explain why it's really a business rather than simply an app, and/or point out why this business probably wouldn't really work. A lot of times it's a semi-ripoff of something that's already popular, with no ideas on how to pull people away from the popular alternative.
>>
just learn how to make game, zane. stop trying to make companies
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.