[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to start torrenting anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1499055982740.png (300KB, 460x430px) Image search: [Google]
1499055982740.png
300KB, 460x430px
I specifically want to start torrenting anime but I'm a complete outsider to the scene. I read the sticky on /t/ but I still need some guidance on where to start.

What are the essentials basically?

I need BitTorrent and a player like VLC, right? Are there any other softwares I need?

Do I need a tracker?

Other tips for a beginner are appreciated as well. I already know about the nyaa sites and horrible subs so I'm good on that end.
>>
>>358452
Get qbittorrent if you want GUI, otherwise get rtorrent (linux only)
I suggest you set up a dedicated NAS or PC for torrenting, with lots of storage.
Don't forget about a VPN if you live in a fvey country.
You can use any player you want, VLC, MPC, MPV, whatever you feel comfortable with.
I also disabled IPv6, because I don't like it when others have direct connection to a device on my network.

Also don't forget: Sharing is caring, so keep seeding!
>>
>>358455
Thanks for the advice!
Also, what VPN would you recommend?
>>
>>358460
Unfortunately I can't recommend you any, since I live in country where nobody cares about what you do on the Internet, therefore I torrent without a vpn.
>>
>>358452
>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>>358455
>I also disabled IPv6, because I don't like it when others have direct connection to a device on my network.

Could you explain? Isn't IPv6 just another addressing system? And don't they have a direct connection over IPv4 anyway?
>>
>>358452
For a tracker, look at whatever nyaa replacements are out there or tokyotosho.

Or you could go to /v/'s lonely virgin steam friends thread and get an invite to some private tracker from some of those faggots, they might just be lonely enough to consider some attention a good exchange for an invite.

>>358628
With IPv4, each home router is given their own IP address, and the router maintains a local network where your computers are addressed. The router will also have a firewall and an option to forward ports. This is because there aren't enough IPv4 addresses in existance.
With IPv6, there are enough addresses for each computer in existance many times over, so routers instead get a bunch of addresses to give to machines on the local network. So, your local computers now all have IP addresses on the global internet, not just locally.
>>
>>358455
This is solid advice, adding onto this, the trackers you want right now are Nyaa.si and Nyaa.pantsu.cat. There used to be just one Nyaa, but it's dead now and there's two competing successors. The more popular one is Nyaa.si, but both of them have wonky tracker stats. This means that even if it says it has no seeds on the tracker's index, it probably does have seeds and you should try connecting to it anyway. It will probably be a while before either site irons out all their issues since they were cobbled together in short order after Nyaa.se went down.

If you find that you really want to get serious about torrenting anime see about getting into a private tracker. The best anime private tracker is AnimeBytes, but there's a couple others. Might be tough to get into one right now since I don't think any of them are accepting applications (I know AB isn't) and they're effectively invite only for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>358463
I do live in a FVEY country, but is not having a VPN still relatively safe if all I'm doing is only downloading anime?
>>
>>358961
Definitely don't use free ones and even then the paid ones aren't trustworthy either because when you do illegal shit they are obliged to give out your IP to the authorities anyway
VPNs are only good to access sites that are region blocked and prevent non-gov organizations from spying on you
>>
>>358452
If you wanna get serious about torrenting anime, get into BBT and AB, BBT has a interview system and AB recruit from RED(PU+).
>>
>>358635
>>358712
>>358969
>>358995
Thanks for all the advice, guys. I'll definitely take everything into account.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.