[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getter robo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

How and where should I start with this series
>manga or anime
>sub or dub (if there is one)
>what am in for
>>
Manga.
Unless you really like monster of the week that's completely unconnected to the manga avoid the earlier 70, 80, 90 series and just watch the three OVA series afterwords.
>>
File: TE9eN0R_d.jpg (14KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
TE9eN0R_d.jpg
14KB, 500x374px
>>358442

is it really Ok to skip 3 decades of airing?
>>
>>358444
Unless you just love MotW I don't see why not.
You're free to give it a shot but I've never seen anyone argue anything in the series is better than the manga.
>>
You can watch the TV series if you want, but they're all pretty loose adaptations of the manga.

The OVAs are a somewhat closer adaptation but they're still pretty loose, and all of them are relatively self-contained with their own continuity.
>>
>>358445
>>358446
alright thanks famalams
>>
File: Getter-Robo-02-058-059.png (915KB, 2068x1472px) Image search: [Google]
Getter-Robo-02-058-059.png
915KB, 2068x1472px
>>358447
Dunno if you're still here OP.
start with the manga, the art may look a bit outdated at first (I didn't have any problem with it) but you'll get used to it, but that only goes for the first two arcs, with some of the chapters inside them being redrawn.
then go to the OVA and the 70's series, in any order you like.
the order for the manga is :
1. Getter Robo
2. Getter Robo G
3. Getter Robo Go
4. Shin Getter Robo
5. Getter Robo Arc
there are some other mangas but most of them aren't canon
>>
Honestly you can skip all the major series. They're not bad, just typical early mecha shows that are far more family-friendly and don't really do the source material justice. OVAs can be entertaining, but honestly I find them all hard to follow since they will explain one crucial thing and then assume you already know two more from other sources.

Manga is good though, just know you're in for a long ride.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.