[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phone screen broke, need to retrieve its data

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: phone.jpg (101KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
phone.jpg
101KB, 1200x900px
Hello, I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and recently I have dropped it to the ground render its screen to be not working. Despite that, the phone's working just fine and still connect to the wi-fi. It still recieves messages/calls.
It has PIN lockscreen and I knows the number but couldn't unlock it because screen broke. Thus access data through USB isn't feasible. I also knows its Google account.
How do I retrieve its data? I'm thinking of a program to undirectly input PIN to unlock the lockscreen.
>>
Also fixing the screen costs ~$88 wtf
>>
>>357651
>>357645
give it back deshuan
>>
>>357645
Couldn't you use it's HDMI mini port or whatever it has to connect it to a TV?
>>
>>357645
>>357651
You can use a dock with mhl hdmi output and a usb port for a mouse.
>>
>>357661
>>357664
Ok thanks. I'm looking for the cable right now. Didn't know the phone can do that.
If anyone has any alternative solution I'd love to hear it, thanks
>>
Best phone IMHO, currently using it as I type this. In a world oversaturated with phones, I think this one has the perfect balance, and the endurance to keep going for at least a few more years. Since the OS has aged, app crippling bugs are few and far between, and it has handled just about everything I've thrown at it. I added a Zerolemon battery and a 128GB SD card and it's a lil beastie.
>>
>>357682
If you have custom recovery eg twrp cwm or philz you can boot to that and use the phone as mass storage to access files via usb. Another reason to root your phone.

>>357696
Sent from my note 2 =)
>>
My 2 cents may not be of great use to you right now, rather it is a preventive measure for the future I am going to propose.

1. Always have three backup copies of your important data on three different mediums, two of which are off line, and off site.
2. Backup often, backup all.
3. For android based devices, it pays to have usb debugging on all the time for this particular case. be aware that a third party who is tech savvy enough is capable of stealing/altering your data using the same method using adb.

Lastly data that isn't backed up is data you're ready to lose. 4chan's /g/ wiki has a noob friendly topic about data backup.
>>
Thanks for all the replies, I have the ASUS ZenFone 2 as my primary, it have Google Photos to backup all the photos and video. I don't use this one that often so I'm being careless about it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.