[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mecha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 865756-12-20120205185958.png (1MB, 863x664px) Image search: [Google]
865756-12-20120205185958.png
1MB, 863x664px
I want to get into the mecha genre of anime. what are some essential mecha anime to watch. I want to start with the older stuff like grendizer.
>>
>I want to start with the older stuff like Grendizer
I mean you can't really go far without saying Mazinger and Getter robo if that's the case, although I think most people would argue in favor of the manga instead of the anime in both situations.

It's not "mecha" persay, but Captian harlock and Space Battleship Yamato sort of trail blazed a good number of tropes and you can see it's direct influence in early Gundam/Macross/Ideon.

Raideen isn't completely finished it's slowly being churned over by a /m/ subgroup that was probably killed by subninjas a few months ago.

Zambot 3 is really fucking interesting, but it's not very good. The animation is beyond terrible, but it does a lot of unique things I haven't seen in anime before, it deals with the displaced people after giant robot attacks, and at one point the main villain does some pretty brutal things to the population of earth. It has a great ending though, it's a very tomino show though.

I really haven't seen much of the 70s so I'm sure some other /m/an can give you better advice, but that's about everything I've seen in the 70-79 timescale I'd recommend.
>>
>>357626
alright thanks. Im saving your post for future reference. Guess ill start off with mazinger or something
>>
File: 1500696520905.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
1500696520905.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>357614
>>
>>357629
Thank you.
>>
>>357614
I'd recommend Dancouga (80's).
If you wan't to look for random series, I'd recommend playing some of the older SRW games, its how I ended up finding most of the shows I watched.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.