[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime recommendation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
Hi, I need the wisdom of some real anime otakus.
I need a serie to watch but I don't know what yet,

The series and movies I have watched and liked are:

Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell SAC
Jin Roh the Wolf Brigade
Akira

And my guilty pleasures are:\
Naruto, Boruto and Dragonball (not Z)

Any help would be greatly appreciated
>>
>>357224
I can recommend you the following series, but it doesn't mean that you'll like them all.

Psycho-Pass
Shinsekai yori
Guilty Crown
Grisaia no Kajitsu
Code Geass
FMA
Steins;Gate
Mawaru Penguindrum
>>
File: 129786.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
129786.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>357224
The Aquarion trilogy
>>357235
Have to disagree with you on Penguindrum, it was bad.
>>
Ergo Proxy
Psycho-Pass
Apple Seed
Bubblegum Crisis
Dominion
Outlaw Star
>>
>>357235
The VN for Grisaia is a lot better than the Anime. The anime is shit-tier.
>>
>>357224
>Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo. Bebop and Champloo were both directed by Shinichiro Watanabe, they have a kind of similar vibe, though Champloo is a historical setting rather than sci-fi. It takes place in the Edo Period (~1600 - 1850) of Japan, but it plays fast and loose with the time period and has tons of anachronisms, like for instance the hip-hop motifs that are prevalent throughout the entire series.

>Ghost in the Shell SAC
Nothing really compares to GitS:SAC, it's truly an exceptional anime, but I can recommend you Psycho-Pass as another dystopian alt-time-line sci-fi. It's less cyberpunk crime serial though and more just straight up dystopia crime serial with really advanced technology as the driving force behind the dystopia. Lots of philosophy bandied about, but it doesn't really handle it as well as GitS does in general. I'd also recommend watching the 1995 GitS movie if you haven't, it's fantastic.

>Jin Roh the Wolf Brigade
>Akira
Try Metropolis (2001), Ghost in the Shell (1995), as mentioned before, and also Memories (1995), which is a compilation of 3 short sci-fi films. Those comprise the core of what I consider to be the absolute best in sci-fi anime movies.

If you want to branch more into psychological, humanistic stuff then look up Satoshi Kon's entire filmography because the man was a visionary. Some titles to get started: Perfect Blue (1998) and Tokyo Godfathers (2003). He also directed a TV series called Paranoia Agent which is very good, actually aired on America TV back in the mid 00s some time. Oh and Kon also directed one of the short films in Memories, Magnetic Rose, which is widely believed to be the best of the 3.
>>
>>357245
b..but muh penguins
>>
>>357252
Favorite route?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.