[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video Size Reduction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: SG.jpg (46KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
SG.jpg
46KB, 1024x576px
So I downloaded a bit of anime off Kiss and I realized the file sizes for the videos are quite larger than some other animes I got through torrenting.

I was wondering if anyone knew of or could suggest a good/reliable program for reducing video file size, while maintaining quality in the video?

I've done a bit of googling already, however there are a lot of seedy looking programs and pages out there that I just don't trust.
>>
>>357222
You can use Handbrake.

But it's not possible to reduce size and maintain quality; if it were, don't you think the original encoder would have already done it?
>>
>>357222

Avidemux

Either reduce resolution or quality or both.
>>
>>357225
I feel like not everyone thinks about it. I find the same movies with the same video quality ranging from 5gb to 2gb, so I feel like not everyone does it or thinks about it.

I am rather new to the idea myself, which is why I want to look into it. Are there certain file formats that take up less space?
>>
>>357227

video codecs are always a size vs. computation deal. The more efficient a codec is the more processor power is needed to decode. Generally the newer a codec is the more effective at same bitrate it is. Kissanime vids iirc are encoded with the H264 codec, which is already one of the most efficient ones. Without reducing physical quality (often not even visible) or dimensions htere is little more reduction possibility.
>>
>So I downloaded a bit of anime off Kiss
god why?
>>
>>357227
That would be a valid argument, 'cept that animu is all encoded in h.264 (either HiP or Hi10P; the difference is only ~10%), and the filesize actually is due to a greater quality.

You might need to:

- get a better and/or bigger display
- visit an optician
- just get deadfish/bakedfish encodes, because they're small, compatible, and you don't seem to be able to tell the difference anyway
>>
>wants to re-encode a ripped stream
>adnittadly already knows how to torrent

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>357238
One episode in a torrent lacked the audio track, so I downloaded the single episode off of kissanime. It seemed quicker, only took a few minutes.

>>357271
And because there are people who create torrents that don't, and I don't want so many large files.
>>
>>357288
You know you can tell it which files it a .torrent you do and don't want, right?
>>
>>357289
Yes
>>
>>357234
So then the answer is no unless I want to actually painstakingly cut out sections of movies or shows?
>>
>>357293
Again, if there were this weird trick that made videos the same quality but smaller, d'you not think they would already be using it?
>>
>>357335
Yeah, I get it I guess. Thanks for the help.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.