[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do i start if i want to build my own computer? Assume i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
Where do i start if i want to build my own computer?
Assume i have zero computer knowledge, because hardware wise i don't

Looking for a comp that would be good for light/meduim gaming and to do some drafting work, where i use a program called revit and photoshop
>>
File: Привет товарищ.jpg (185KB, 1118x646px) Image search: [Google]
Привет товарищ.jpg
185KB, 1118x646px
>>356705
What's your budget?
>>
>>356705

Selecting your CPU from your needs. That will define your range of motherboards, which you then have to select one according to your needs (how many slots do you need etc.). Then graphics, if you are sure you will only need light/ medium gaming a simple ~$50 lower end card will do.
Your computer will be more of a working machine than gaming i seems, so if you want Intel a simple i3 should be enough.

You then put togther your list via online part pickers
>>
How much patience do you have? how much time do you have to research before you order?.

The more you learn about parts the more you can customize and make the most of your money. Otherwise you'll need to upgrade sooner and spend more money tossing a part you're going to replace because you ordered it to begin with.

Start with these question...

Should I buy AMD or Intel?

Do I need 8 GB of ram or 16 GB?

SSD over HDD advantage?.

Best video card for (insert price here)?.
>>
>>356716
Revit is Autodesk's architecture program.

I think you might be underestimating its requirements, and that you didn't google it.
>>
>>356715
1000 all in, monitors and all
>>356716
This guy>>356723
Is right. I dont know much about hardware but i know revit requires some pretty decent graphics cards and processors
>>356717
Ive got a ton of patience and no rush to buy. My current laptop runs revit fairly well i just want something that is faster and more reliable. I use my laptop for everything including streaming movies almost daily so i would like to have a work comp and a personal laptop.

What im here for is where to find answers to your questions above, or even where to find the questions i should be asking to begin with. For example, i need a good graphics card but i dont even know what to look for in the description of any given graphics card to know if its a good one or not. Im really at the beginning of my research for this i just figured i would come here to find some quick resources
>>
>>356753
>>356715
$1000 canadian, that is
>>
I think your GPU can be a RX570 4GB (AMD) or a GTX 1060 6 GB (NVIDIA)

They will run any game in Full HD in a 60 hz monitor. Though use google because I don't know the minimum for this Revit software.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.